Why hasn't Vontaze Burfict been suspended indefinitely or banned from the NFL?

JiffyJag

Yet another egregious and intentional helmet to helmet hit today that got him ejected. He's been fined almost certainly a historic amount of money, and for a league that pretends to care about changing the game to minimize brain injuries, surely getting someone who refuses to adapt and seemingly intentionally sets out to injure out of the league would be a good move, right? There's simply no place in the game for a player that "plays" like Burfict does, and he's a liability to have on the field. When will the NFL take serious action?

https://[LINK ERROR]/4ryru

Edited by Jaguarfan

7 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I don't know about outright ban, but everything he does should absolutely be cumulative. His fine, suspension, or whatever is coming, for what he did should be A LOT more than if some rookie made the same hit. 

dude has been fined more than most players will make in their career. 4.12 million. Clearly they haven't been effective.

I can completely understand the ejection on that hit and maybe it's just because it's slow motion, but I can kind of also understand the angle he went in for the hit.  It looked like the WR or whoever that is was about to get up quickly, which means he would've hit him around the shoulders/hips, but ended up deciding to go back down and led to the contact.  If Vontaze hadn't made the helmet to helmet contact his teammate coming from the other side 100% would've at the angle he was taking as well, likely due to same reasoning for the angle to tackle.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

You would think eventually teams make a stand and get him out of the game.

I'm more surprised this hasn't happened yet. An OL "falls down" and rolls his knee up, or a blindside cut block at his legs - something meant to blow out his knees and put his career in jeopardy. It's not something you like to see, but we'd be foolish to think it's not something that teams have done before to a dirty player.

How that hasn't happened yet is beyond me. 

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm more surprised this hasn't happened yet. An OL "falls down" and rolls his knee up, or a blindside cut block at his legs - something meant to blow out his knees and put his career in jeopardy. It's not something you like to see, but we'd be foolish to think it's not something that teams have done before to a dirty player.

How that hasn't happened yet is beyond me. 

Well I mean more that teams just stop giving him chances by signing him lol.

• Like 1