Trubisky 2019 season development & growth thread

malagabears

Guys its simple. We trade for both Goff and Flacco.

Goff will get us to the playoffs, then we bench him and let Flacco take us to a Super Bowl win.

Duh.

Honestly I'm not sure who to go after. I'd rather ride this defense than invest a 2nd or 3rd for anyone that is available, and be able to target a QB early if they aren't satisfied with Tru or want someone to push him next year. I'm not sure who would be available for cheap that is a real upgrade since they don't know the system. Most of the Reid tree seems to be defense so only Nagy and Pederson are offensive and still HCs that I know of off the top of my head, and PHI has Sudfeld and McCown. Smith was under Reid but is hurt, as is Foles. With Wentz having injury woes constantly I doubt they are going to try.

Eli is the best option probably available but is making over $20 mil, so he can't be an option without NYG eating that. I don't imagine the price to get him would be that friendly if we were getting them to do that.

3 minutes ago, BACK2MACKSACK said:

I'm willing to ride this one out because there aren't any feasible solutions without investing valuable draft picks for a mediocre QB.

Actually, 1 QB who comes to mind who has had 3 decent seasons is Tyrod Taylor. From 2015-17 he passed for 8800 yards with 51 TD's & 16 ints. He is the backup behind Rivers for the LAC. His contract is until 2020 with a 5M value next year. Don't know what it would take though.

• Like 1