Trubisky 2019 season development & growth thread

malagabears

10 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Bears twitter is pushing hard for Rosen.  Even willing to give up a 2nd.  

I'd pass on him entirely.  I haven't watched him, but I don't have a good feeling about him.  He has resting jerk face.  

Yeah...he's basically Jay Cutler without the arm strength. Hard pass.

He's the type of guy that thinks he's smarter than the coaches from what I've heard.  Don't think that would mesh well with Nagy.

Edited by topwop1

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Bears twitter is pushing hard for Rosen.  Even willing to give up a 2nd.  

I'd pass on him entirely.  I haven't watched him, but I don't have a good feeling about him.  He has resting jerk face.  

Hell no. That's gross. I'd be livid. 

Might interest me for a 6th, but a 2nd? Lol. 

• Like 1

Ask yourselves this. Who else are we going to bring in that knows the offense better than a QB who has spent 2 years in the same system and would be game ready in 1 or even 2 weeks? 

Ride out with Daniel until we get a timetable on Mitch. If god-forbid Mitch is out for the year (don't look like it, just saying) and something happens to Daniel then bring in anyone off the street without any spending money or draft picks because the season is already lost anyhow.  

4 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Ask yourselves this. Who else are we going to bring in that knows the offense better than a QB who has spent 2 years in the same system and would be game ready in 1 or even 2 weeks? 

Ride out with Daniel until we get a timetable on Mitch. If god-forbid Mitch is out for the year (don't look like it, just saying) and something happens to Daniel then bring in anyone off the street without any spending money or draft picks because the season is already lost anyhow.  

Correct. This is a 2020 conversation.

2019 we are riding with Daniel and Trubisky.

4 hours ago, GBHalas said:

I was all for signing a young QB to stash on the PS after cut down day, but since we didn't it's Tru, Daniel, and Bray this year

You can't just say it in the abstract.  Like saying you want a political candidate that supports X,Y and Z.   All good until you name a name then there are problems.  

19 hours ago, dll2000 said:

You can't just say it in the abstract.  Like saying you want a political candidate that supports X,Y and Z.   All good until you name a name then there are problems.  

Honestly I would have liked them to sign Lauletta from the Giants.  I think he has the same skill set as Trubisky and a year on the practice squad would help him as possibly the #2 for 2020.  I like Daniel and he is really needed this week, but will have to sign several people for big money contracts, and if we can get away with a reliable backup QB on a rookie deal, I say the Bears can spend the money elsewhere

10 minutes ago, GBHalas said:

Honestly I would have liked them to sign Lauletta from the Giants.  I think he has the same skill set as Trubisky and a year on the practice squad would help him as possibly the #2 for 2020.  I like Daniel and he is really needed this week, but will have to sign several people for big money contracts, and if we can get away with a reliable backup QB on a rookie deal, I say the Bears can spend the money elsewhere

That is not a bad idea.  

This injury to MT really does suck.

If he had played well or bad against Minn. and Raiders without factor of line being an absolute sieve like it was for most of first 3 games it would have told us a lot in one direction or the other.

You can't really judge a QB when he is under constant fire even on the plays when he isn't because they still stick in your head and effect your play.

If he sucked these two games we would know it is time for plan B,C or D.  Now we have to wait and then we have the injured shoulder as an additional excuse.