Trubisky 2019 season development & growth thread

malagabears

The timing was exquisitely crappy;  we are now in year 3 and you can make equally good arguments that our QB is a bust or worthwhile, and this is just the latest asterisk to land in that evaluation.  If he comes back 3 weeks from now, how much longer do we wait before we know?

I feel like we're just watching the clock tick on a whole lot of good players and forced to stand pat with Trubisky without knowing what he's going to be.

MAybe I'm bored, but I would be excited if they traded a pick for Rosen. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

This injury to MT really does suck.

If he had played well or bad against Minn. and Raiders without factor of line being an absolute sieve like it was for most of first 3 games it would have told us a lot in one direction or the other.

You can't really judge a QB when he is under constant fire even on the plays when he isn't because they still stick in your head and effect your play.

If he sucked these two games we would know it is time for plan B,C or D.  Now we have to wait and then we have the injured shoulder as an additional excuse.

I'm with Windy and regardless on Trubisky's progress the Bears should draft a young QB next year either to challenge Trubisky or become his backup.  I'm still on the fence on whether or not Mitchell can be the franchise quarterback we have been wanting in our lifetime.

27 minutes ago, GBHalas said:

I'm with Windy and regardless on Trubisky's progress the Bears should draft a young QB next year either to challenge Trubisky or become his backup.  I'm still on the fence on whether or not Mitchell can be the franchise quarterback we have been wanting in our lifetime.

I wouldn't mind rolling with a low priced QB with a loaded highly paid team around him.

Not ideal, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.  Worst of all worlds is a highly paid QB that isn't very good and holding you back both in cap and in play.

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

The timing was exquisitely crappy;  we are now in year 3 and you can make equally good arguments that our QB is a bust or worthwhile, and this is just the latest asterisk to land in that evaluation.  If he comes back 3 weeks from now, how much longer do we wait before we know?

I feel like we're just watching the clock tick on a whole lot of good players and forced to stand pat with Trubisky without knowing what he's going to be.

MAybe I'm bored, but I would be excited if they traded a pick for Rosen. 

That is a good way of looking at it. There is a ticking clock.

29 minutes ago, GBHalas said:

I think maybe you don't limit yourself to a draft pick you also look at guys on other rosters and practice squads.

14 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

That is a good way of looking at it. There is a ticking clock.

@RunningVaccsI don't like Rosen. A lot of twitter people are on that bandwagon.  

Someone in preseason impressed me.  Can't remember who.  I think it may have been NY back up.  Not 100% sure though.

I'd have to rewatch.  

I think a young athletic QB with some football sense is better than paying a has been or never was a fortune.

41 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I think maybe you don't limit yourself to a draft pick you also look at guys on other rosters and practice squads.

@RunningVaccsI don't like Rosen. A lot of twitter people are on that bandwagon.  

Someone in preseason impressed me.  Can't remember who.  I think it may have been NY back up.  Not 100% sure though.

I'd have to rewatch.  

I think a young athletic QB with some football sense is better than paying a has been or never was a fortune.

I don't think much of him either, but he checks a couple boxes:

-Has talent (yes)

-Might be available for something the Bears can afford right now (yes)

-In situation where he might be available (Miami would sell you Biscayne Bay right now for a 4th, heard it on the internet)

He has traits and politics that turn a lot of people off, additionally, even on normally obvious assessments people seem split on him.  I remember scouting reports that praised his big arm but slow reading of defenses, concurrent with people that said he was a smart manager with no arm.  Genuinely hilarious how wide open his reports were. 

Pace has a decision to make, either do nothing and hope Trubisky pans out this year or next, or make the best of this defense and make a move with upside.  Not saying what's right or wrong, but both of those outcomes have to deliberated.  If we ride Trubisky out for the next two years and he looks like he did against GB it is going to be one of the most disappointing teams I can recall, nearly criminal in it's misuse of talent.  At the end of the 2018 season I was convinced that he was going to come out better and get hot as this season went on.  It is inexplicable what's going on with him, and I think it's either mental or an injury, and not really sure if it's fixable. 

2 hours ago, dafreak said:

Also losing game 1 to Green Bay, both of which we should have won...

Agreed should have won week 1 2018 season but game 1 from this season no.  Can never make the argument that a team should have won a game when they only put up 3 points on the board.

8 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

That Pro Football Doctor account on Twitter absolutely nailed the diagnosis. As soon as it happened they said likely to be 1-2 weeks out and suggested it was a disolcated shoulder. Nice timing for the bye week.

He will be playing with pain and probably need surgery at some point I understand.

Like Miller last year. 

25 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

He will be playing with pain and probably need surgery at some point I understand.

Like Miller last year. 

The silver lining, if any, is that this injury is to his non throwing shoulder so there should not be any concerns with it affecting his play going forward throughout his career.

That shoulder injury is nasty in terms of pain,  it's really distracting to the point where you can't sleep at night.  For a QB that has had a really hard time processing this is not going to help. 

I expect Daniel to look more like Daniel this weekend, which should quiet down the geniuses calling for Daniel to stay in going forward, but I am really worried about what Trubisky's mental state is going to be coming back against a pretty good defense in NO.  There are lots of asterisks like OL and playcall, but if we're being honest with ourselves he looked a lot worse than last year before his injury.  I'm totally fine being the first idiot on the trade-train for Rosen.