brownie man

Is Nick Chubb next Lebron James?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Yes
    • Yes

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hopefully this week if Juice is out.

It’s gonna be rough trying to win without Landry, Higgins and a possibly out of shape Calloway.

Maybe Calloway is ready to rock, but that hasn’t been his MO thus far.

Well the NFL allowed him in the facility unlike hunt so I have to assume they’ve had him on some sort of program to keep him in shape 

10 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Well the NFL allowed him in the facility unlike hunt so I have to assume they’ve had him on some sort of program to keep him in shape 

He’s allowed to jog in the offseason too but he didn’t show up to camp in shape based on reports.

Motivation and focus don’t seem to be his strong suits.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s allowed to jog in the offseason too but he didn’t show up to camp in shape based on reports.

Motivation and focus don’t seem to be his strong suits.

There’s a difference to be left to your own offseason conditioning program, and we’re in season you F$&@?# up big time your on your last chance, you will be at the facility from this time to this time to work with the S &C coach or you will not be on this team though 

Just now, Dawgpoun8017 said:

There’s a difference to be left to your own offseason conditioning program, and we’re in season you F$&@?# up big time your on your last chance, you will be at the facility from this time to this time to work with the S &C coach or you will not be on this team though 

I mean I guess, although I’d argue it’s pretty inexcusable for a pro athlete to ever be out of shape. 

Being in shape is literally the only thing you have to do in the off-season.

• Like 1

Primetime game,

Meh. We'll be up for it.

on the road,

I know nobody shares this sentiment with me, but I hate using road games as an excuse for underperforming. Playing on the road should never matter, but I know I'm in the minority there.

Shanny and Jimmy G are 9-3 together.  

Meh.....sure, but I think they've managed to do that against some pretty bad teams/favorable matchups. I don't think SF makes the playoffs.

Their DL is good.

We can run right at them. They have great pass rushers, but their actual run defense is not that great. They have very small linebackers and pass rushers all over the place, but we can neutralize that by stubbornly running Chubb.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Meh. We'll be up for it.

I hope.  No reason not to be.

I know nobody shares this sentiment with me, but I hate using road games as an excuse for underperforming. Playing on the road should never matter, but I know I'm in the minority there.

I actually agree, it’s overblown at times.  Home field advantage can be helpful, controlling noise and such.

Meh.....sure, but I think they've managed to do that against some pretty bad teams/favorable matchups. I don't think SF makes the playoffs.

Agreed, they’re not as good as their record would indicate imo.

We can run right at them. They have great pass rushers, but their actual run defense is not that great. They have very small linebackers and pass rushers all over the place, but we can neutralize that by stubbornly running Chubb.

Yep.  That needs to be our bread and butter all season.

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Somebody on twitter made a interesting comparison yesterday. That Nick Chubb is a more compact version of Jamaal Lewis. In running style I got to thinking and it was pretty pretty spot on in both of their bigger builds but also nimble on their feet in open space.

I think Chubb is faster than jamaal was though

• Like 1

Last week I posted the statistical similarities between Baker Mayfield and Brett Favre. This week, I have another statistical similarity (ironically another Holmgren player): Nick Chubb and Shaun Alexander.

Chubb is averaging the last 2 seasons the following (20 games): 13.5 att, 69.7 yards, 0.6 TD, 1.7 rec, 12.4 yards, 0.1 TD

Shaun Alexander averaged in his first 2 seasons the following (32 games): 11.7 att, 51 yards, 0.5 TD, 1.5 rec, 12 yards, 0.1 TD

Chubb can obviously improve on these, as well. Just thought it was a pretty cool study. I also never realized how similar body-wise they are. Chubb is 5'11, 227 lbs and ran a 4.52 40. Alexander was 5'11, 225 lbs and ran a 4.58 40.

2 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I think Chubb is faster than jamaal was though

Probably but in terms of guys who are bruisers who you cant bring down but also have a weird blend of breakaway ability in the open field is pretty similar to Lewis. I will always remember Lewis for being a bulldozer but also extremely nimble/light on his feet--and that is what made him so great.

Nick Chubb has a similar deceptive quickness to him which is the reason he beats guys at the second level so often. They all take horrible angels on him thinking he is a power back and he has the nimbleness to scoot right around them

58 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Somebody on twitter made a interesting comparison yesterday. That Nick Chubb is a more compact version of Jamaal Lewis. In running style I got to thinking and it was pretty pretty spot on in both of their bigger builds but also nimble on their feet in open space.

I made that comp when we first go him. He is a better jamal lewis.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Shanny and Jimmy G are 9-3 together. 

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

I agree with this quite frankly...

2019 - Tampa Bay (2-2), Cincinnati (0-3), and a Ben-less Steelers (0-3)

2018 - Detroit (6-10)

2017 - Chicago (5-11 Pre-Mack), Houston (4-12 Watson Hurt), Tennessee (9-7 good win) , Jacksonville (10-6 good win, but ya know, blake bortles), Rams (11-5 week 17 sitting starters)

I'm not saying they had a cake walk, 9-3 is impressive.  But there is some truth to who they played.  Excluding the record of the rams who had a second string team in there and started Sean Mannion...the record of their opponents in those wins have been 36-51...just sayin...