Is Nick Chubb the next Lebron James???

brownie man

Is Nick Chubb next Lebron James?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Yes
    • Yes

7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I'm hoping that we can be 5-3 going into the Hunt/Chubb tandem starting game 9. That two headed monster is going to be AWESOME. If Njoku can't come back, Seals Jones looked solid yesterday, and with the addition of Calloway and Hunt, I wouldn't be surprised to see more 2 back sets, almost eerily replicating OU when Mayfield was there.

If we started 5-3 that would be ridiculous with the way the schedule is shaping up. If we start 4-4 even, with the slanted first half be second half schedules, we are in line for 10-11 wins. Winning against SF is the start we need to that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

Maybe, but Baker is the only one of them that probably is not and won't be elite

He isn't but I do think he will be. Besides Mahommes he has the best arm strength/accuracy combination in the league among the young guys. Wentz is probably there too. Most of Baker's issues have been with route running or timing because a receiver was grabbed or slipped coming out of his break. It's going to get a lot better as the year goes on. Once he and OBJ have the same chemistry as he and Higgins it's going to be beautiful.

It's way to early to project Baker's trajectory.  If he's not an elite quarterback, it won't be because he doesn't have the talent to be.  Look at where Drew Brees was in year 2.  He had to beat out Doug Flutie just to be the starter in SD, and even year 3, he threw 11 TDs and 15 Ints.  He's who a lot of people want to compare to Baker as far as size and the way they win within the pocket. 

Not every QB steps right in and plays like Pat Mahomes.  In fact, he's the only guy to ever step in and do it at this level.  Most QBs have serious growing pains the first few years, and it's the determination and development that sets the stage for whether a QB plateaus or becomes a great long-term quarterback.  For where you'd expect a year 2 QB to be at, Baker is in a very good place.  The right mindset and coaching will determine whether or not he eventually becomes great. 

For the topic at hand though, yes, Chubb is the sure-fire stud at his position.  Important position but not the most important one.  Like we told Giants fans all last season with the Saquon debate.  I'd say that Baker and Chubb to go with Ward was a pretty exceptional haul compared to any other direction we could have gone with things. 

• Like 4

No.  He is not Lebron.  He is not the best player on the team.

However he SHOULD be used more.  Any game that he is getting less than 20 carries is damn crime.   We are like 4-1 when he has over 100 yards, and I don't think he's had a game with over 20 carries where he didn't get 100 yards.

RUN THE DANG BALL!

4 hours ago, Tomahawk said:

No.  He is not Lebron.  He is not the best player on the team.

However he SHOULD be used more.  Any game that he is getting less than 20 carries is damn crime.   We are like 4-1 when he has over 100 yards, and I don't think he's had a game with over 20 carries where he didn't get 100 yards.

RUN THE DANG BALL!

lowest amt of carries this year 17
highest amt of carries this year 23

both were losses

we are running the ball, and actually with some success.  just need to play a complete game.  

• Like 1

Just now, bruceb said:

He has flat out missed or overthrown wide open receivers, too.

Personally, I do not think he was ready to play when the season opened.

I think they overestimated what he was ready to do.

He’s not a 10 year vet yet, he needs some help from the coaching staff to help him succeed.

• Like 1