Game Balls and SLappers: Dallas at NOLA

HDsportsfan

So just finished up watching the 2nd half of game and   P. U.

GAMEBALL:

• Quinn - He was fantastic all night.  TOTALLY WORTH A 6TH!!! 
  • Chido for the INT.

SCOTT LINEHAN:

• Everybody else tbh.
  • Jason Garrett. This was a big game, imo and feel like the team came away looking more like pretenders than contenders. He's in one the planning somewhere along the line and what Dallas did so well with offensively to start the season, they have gradually reverted back to last year's offense. That's on him. 
  • When was Moore fired and Linehan re-hired? That game plan was absolutely atrocious. So, so disappointing.
  • OL was bad. Really bad. Sometimes I wonder if Colombo is the right man for the job. 

HM:

Zeke - I'll echo others sentiments on looking slow. I thought he sucked last night tbh and was disappointed Pollard didn't see more action. He does get a little bit of a mulligan considering how poorly the OL  played. 

Edited by WizardHawk

5 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Really not upset by this loss cause I was kinda expecting one to a good team. So hopefully it's just to the Saints and not the Eagles. 

It's not the loss as much as it was a total offensive stinker. Losing happens. Playing bad happens. But that Bad??? 10 points in a game I would have thought that the players and coaches would have been eagerly trying to prove themselves. 

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Gameball: Robert Quinn, Maliek Collins, LVE, Blake Jarwin, La'el Collins, Amari, Kerry Hyder, Chido

Matts: Jason Witten, Zeke, Frederick, Martin, Conor Williams, referees, Cobb

Why Amari for a GB. I mean I can't say he necessarily did anything bad not to get one....but I didn't think he did anything special to get on either.

5 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Why Amari for a GB. I mean I can't say he necessarily did anything bad not to get one....but I didn't think he did anything special to get on either.

I thought he played okay and should have got some calls that ended up going against him. You are right he wasn't anything special but he looked like our only real threat on offense.

Think you guys pretty much covered it. My question is, opening drive in the 3rd quarter, we come out slinging hr ball, QUICKLY! Dak was getting rid of that ball in 2-3 seconds from the snap. We drove right down the field. Was the best drive of the night.

Where was that rest of the game???????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Think you guys pretty much covered it. My question is, opening drive in the 3rd quarter, we come out slinging hr ball, QUICKLY! Dak was getting rid of that ball in 2-3 seconds from the snap. We drove right down the field. Was the best drive of the night.

Idk about the 4th quarter but after we scored that drive in the 3rd the Saints got the ball and milked the clock for like 10 minutes.

That drive was pretty much our only one in the 3rd. We didn't get the ball back until much later

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

In hindsight we should have attempted quick tempo again, but instead we went ball control in an attempt to milk the clock. Which was a strategy I said we should have been able to execute in the GDT. 

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Idk about the 4th quarter but after we scored that drive in the 3rd the Saints got the ball and milked the clock for like 10 minutes.

That drive was pretty much our only one in the 3rd. We didn't get the ball back until much later

They did what we wanted to do. Run off 10 minutes and kick a fieldgoal for the lead. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Didnt the FO say Garrett was gonna have the reins to pull back the workload if its too much for Moore? Do you think this was one of those games where he did have more of a input on play calling?

I actually read something that shocked me. Jerry actually said the opposite. He publicly stated that Garrett tries to influence play calling for Moore to come see him and he will fix that. Jerry straight neutered Garrett. 

Unless I got bamboozled, but a dude provided the quote on reddit.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, textaz03 said:

For that to happen WR have to be open the WR were not “open” rest of the game   Coop had a hand tugging on him during every route he ran and SMith wasn’t getting open Cobb at times was open But mostly on crossing routes that take time. TE were busy trying to block

Edited by quiller