Kareem Hunt - Best Debut since?

Kiwibrown

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Without taking anything away from him, our front 7 looked like children out there. He won't be averaging 7 or 8 YPC against other defenses. 

The OL is pretty good, now that they are healthy, and the Pats did not look well prepared. We have seen this from Belichick before. He starts slow and finishes well. Reid has the opposite tendency.

As to the 7 YPC, 60 yard runs tend to cause that. Take out the one play and it works out neatly, 18 rushes for 90 yards = 5 YPC, which is an accurate description of the game. 

J

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

The OL is pretty good, now that they are healthy, and the Pats did not look well prepared. We have seen this from Belichick before. He starts slow and finishes well. Reid has the opposite tendency.

As to the 7 YPC, 60 yard runs tend to cause that. Take out the one play and it works out neatly, 18 rushes for 90 yards = 5 YPC, which is an accurate description of the game. 

J

Oh really? Fair enough then. In the first half, I believe he was averaging around 7 on only a 5 or 6 carries. OL was punching canyons through your DL and linebackers. I guess it evened out throughout the game, despite a big run.

Only one game but a great debut. Had one of the worst starts possible by fumbling the ball on his first carry giving the Patriots the ball deep in Chiefs territory but quickly recovered to have a brilliant game.

He won't have star performances like that every week but he can always say on his debut, in Foxboro, against the reigning Super Bowl winners he had one heck of a game.

Heck of a debut. I was high on Hunt early  but my interest in him as a prospect began to wane as he continued to show up to pre-draft events under his listed weight at Tulane. His versatility and balance really showed up tonight and I'm happy to see a team unafraid to still feature a runningback. Still, KC's offensive line absolutely mauled NE all night. Hunt was getting 3-4 yards untouched easily before finishing his runs with impressive power  - especially for his size.

1 hour ago, PFM18 said:

Only one game but a great debut. Had one of the worst starts possible by fumbling the ball on his first carry giving the Patriots the ball deep in Chiefs territory but quickly recovered to have a brilliant game.

He won't have star performances like that every week but he can always say on his debut, in Foxboro, against the reigning Super Bowl winners he had one heck of a game.

If he does  GOAT. 

The fact that he had just about the worst start possible, fumbling on his first carry, to pumping out one of the best performances ever by a rookie was absolutely appalling. 

It was between him and Jamaal Williams as my favorite mid round picks for the Packers... heres to hoping Williams has half the debut! (not our starter though)

33 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

https://www.si.com/more-sports/photo/2016/10/12/best-rookie-debut-performances-sports-history

This is the best list I've seen.  Tarkenton and Chamberlain were most impressive imo.

Although 4 goals in a rookie debut is absolutely incredible.

I wonder if SI is aware that "sports history" includes games/events/leagues other than the 4 major professional leagues in the USA?

15 hours ago, bananabucket said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_9RTWbOPhw

Every rush and catch in case you missed it.

That's awesome.  Thanks for that.  You can see really good balance there.  Good feet.  Good awareness to stay in bounds with around 5 to go in the game burning the clock.  That 4.62 speed was also on full display there when he easily got chased down on that long run by the left sideline.  

18 minutes ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

That's awesome.  Thanks for that.  You can see really good balance there.  Good feet.  Good awareness to stay in bounds with around 5 to go in the game burning the clock.  That 4.62 speed was also on full display there when he easily got chased down on that long run by the left sideline.  

The balance is unreal. It shows not just in ability to stay on his feet, but in his pass receiving. Natural hands and good concentration. If he had any foot speed he'd be illegal. 

J

Wellllllll, call me a Sentimental Old Fool if you will, but I'll always remember Trent Richardson scorching the Philadelphia

defense with 19 carries for 39 yards0 TD's, and 1 reception for 5 yards (also 0 TD's), on September 9th, 2012- 5 years ago 

to this very day!!! - Nostalgic tears still spring to my eyes when I think of his thick little legs churning o'er the greensward

of FirstEnergy Stadium, lank dreadlocks streaming behind him. An harbinger of things to come!

Does nobody remember Cam Newton's debut against Arizona?  I swear, all the talk of him being a bust immediately stopped after that game because he looked GREAT.  24/37 for 422 with 2 TDs and 1 INT against one of the better defenses in the league.  He definitely earned my respect that day

But of course, as im responding to this thread I remembered someone with arguably a better debut.   Marcus Mariota against the Bucs.  13/16 for 209 with 4 TDs, no INTs, and a PERFECT passer rating.  He was pulled once the Titans were up 42-7.  Can't get much better than that

Archived