Shaq Barrett - Is he human?

Dome

3 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

He's on pace for a DPOY season.

He’s technically on pace for the greatest defensive season of all time.

Not that I think that’s gonna happen, THIS level of play isn’t sustainable.

still think he could/should win DPOY even if he falls off a bit

I'm not gonna sit here and pretend to have watched him or the Bucs because I haven't and so maybe I'm wrong here, but it's pretty well known that Todd Bowles likes to blitz alot. 

So my question is, are his numbers being inflated from getting more help than any other defensive player in the league right now?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Counselor said:

He was a stud here that they didn’t give enough opportunity to. Should have been starting over Shane Ray. Could have started him last year and drafted a QB instead of Chubb. But it is what it is. 

Who did you expect them to take at that spot? Rosen?

23 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I'm not gonna sit here and pretend to have watched him or the Bucs because I haven't and so maybe I'm wrong here, but it's pretty well known that Todd Bowles likes to blitz alot. 

So my question is, are his numbers being inflated from getting more help than any other defensive player in the league right now?

Not one lineman has been able to block him this year so far. His pace is obviously entirely unsustainable, but I've never seen a pace like this through a quarter of the season. He's a man possessed. 

Just now, minutemancl said:

Not one lineman has been able to block him this year so far. His pace is obviously entirely unsustainable, but I've never seen a pace like this through a quarter of the season. He's a man possessed. 

I appreciate your input like everyone else but that doesn't answer my question though. 

3 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

He consistently gets 1v1s, but that’s more to do with Suh and Vea drawing double teams inside than the amount of called blitzes. He tends to get to the QB while he’s still in the pocket, rather than when mopping up because the pocket has broken down, so they’re merit sacks.

He also benefits from QBs not being able to step up in the pocket, again because of Suh and Vea.

He’s playing well, has great bend coming round the corner and made a very smart play yesterday for his interception.

This pace shouldn’t be sustainable, but it sure is fun to watch.

• Like 3