Post Vikings Game Thread

dll2000

Topics:

Back ups are huge story. A lot of game balls to go around.

Roquan Smith is a mystery everyone is waiting to hear about.

Seriousness of MT injury.

How serious are other injuries.

Who is starting RG going forward?

Is Daniel going to revert to bad Daniel again? He did miss a couple of 5 yard passes for first downs, scary stuff. Also was not pressured much.

What was up with the refs? 

I would approach Nick Williams about an extension. 

He is 30 and has never really been paid.

I would offer him a 3 year 10.5 million/6 guaranteed deal. He would put 6 million in the bank which is 3x what he has made in his career and we lock up a key backup. Because right now RRH is going to price his way out of Chicago.

11 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I would approach Nick Williams about an extension. 

He is 30 and has never really been paid.

I would offer him a 3 year 10.5 million/6 guaranteed deal. He would put 6 million in the bank which is 3x what he has made in his career and we lock up a key backup. Because right now RRH is going to price his way out of Chicago.

I'd wait to give him an extension. He's had 3 good games. Slow down

Good game Bears fans.  I didn't get to watch it until late last night.  Your team is like ours in that your defense is just darn tough at home.  The Vikings don't have an answer to Khalil Mack (who really does?).  We aren't going anywhere with Kirk Cousins as our QB.  Speaking of QB's, I hate to say it, but Chase Daniel is just a better quarterback than Mitch Trubisky at this point.  When you watch him play, you see him scanning the field look at multiple receiving options.  With Mitch, I almost never see that.  He seems to lock onto his first read and that's about it.  After Mitch went down, I continually found myself asking "why are they playing Trubisky in favor of Daniel?"  

Anyway, you were the better team and deserved the win.  As always, good luck the rest of the way (unless you're playing the Vikings). 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

He was good last season as well. 

You get the best price the sooner you move, the closer to free agency the lower the risk for the player.

He played two games last season and had two tackles. I don’t know what you saw but he did next to nothing of note last season unlike this season. 

• Like 1

I felt really lucky to be able to watch the Bears/Vikes game yesterday afternoon!

As long as the Bears aren't playing GB, man, I love watching the Bears defense.  

And...isn't it fun when your team plays against Cousins?

Seriously, though, anyone have any rumors or anything like that concerning Roquan?  I'm finding his situation very, very odd.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Good game Bears fans.  I didn't get to watch it until late last night.  Your team defense is just darn tough everywhere.  The Vikings don't have an answer to Khalil Mack (who really does?).  We aren't going anywhere with Kirk Cousins as our QB.  Speaking of QB's, I hate to say it, but Chase Daniel is just a better quarterback than Mitch Trubisky at this point.  When you watch him play, you see him scanning the field look at multiple receiving options.  With Mitch, I almost never see that.  He seems to lock onto his first read and that's about it.  After Mitch went down, I continually found myself asking "why are they playing Trubisky in favor of Daniel?"  

Anyway, you were the better team and deserved the win.  As always, good luck the rest of the way (unless you're playing the Vikings). 

Fixed

• Like 1

Everyone outside and many inside think Daniel is better than MT now.

I can tell you watching them practice Daniel is not better.  

Daniel came in and played very well to start, but he got worse as game went on.  He made some great plays, but missed some easy throws that would have moved chains.

Nagy said MT had a great week of practice.  With better protection this game then previous 3 I think we would have seen an equal or better game from MT.  

Big difference is Daniel can read a defense and MT can't, but big difference other direction is he is 1/10th the athlete MT is.   

Maybe MT would not have done better because Vikings seemed to be feeding off fact that they were playing MT.  Mentaller they feel they can beat him and don't quit.  Once he went down and Daniel started hot, combined with defensive play, they kind of deflated.

They weren't sure how to play Daniel it seemed.  

Lets not pretend 16 points is great.  16 points suck.   Especially with D playing like it is.

Offense

-What the hell happened to Charles Leno, he had a very solid season last year, this year he looks soft and is getting pushed around. Yesterday, Everson Griffin ate his lunch and Leno is looking like a replaceable player.

-Just run Coward at RG for the rest of the season. His physicality was obvious and hopefully he grows into the position, at a minimum it does not look like he is going to get pushed around and maybe he can bring something in the run game.

-Ted Larsen was solid, he was absorbing the bull rush and not getting walked back to the QB which is a massive upgrade from Long.

-Bobbie Massie makes a difference. He was very solid against Danielle Hunter. His punch can flat out stun the defender and stop his feet.

-James Daniels had a nice game inside against a very physical interior.

-For the love of god stop pulling.

-The TEs are not good blockers. Having JP Holtz in the backfield as a FB is just useless.

-When Adam Shaheen actually runs forward and blocks he is pretty good, but he spends way too much time passively approaching his target. Shaheen, you are a massive human just run forward and make the defender pick a side and get your big *** out of the hole.

-Allen Robinson is very good. The Bears should start working on an extension with him.

-More Javon Wims please. He is such a big target and he is a very nice route runner for a big guy. He massacred Hughes at the line on the 37 yarder and he gives such a big catch radius.

-Anthony Miller slowly getting going, but the hype coming off last season seems a long ways away.

-Montgomery and Cohen need to hit the damn hole. Both left serious yards on the field by juking or missing the hole, or worse stepping on their puller and falling down on the best blocked run play of the game.

-Cohen catch the ball man. Finally get a wheel route with a great ball and he bobbles it.

Defense

-The Bears defensive depth is insane. Every level has guys who can flat out kick ***.

-RRH is a monster and if he would talk extension I would, but my guess is he sees a bigger pay day then the Bears can offer down the road.

-Nick Williams is just physically pushing dudes around. He is 30, has never really been paid, and the Bears might be able to get something reasonable done with him to be the backup DLmen for the next couple of years.

-Even Abdullah Anderson looks like an NFL player, take a victory lap Jay Rodgers and here is an extension and a raise.

-Kwik does a couple of things exceptionally well and Pagano let him do them. His blitzs are devastating. The bull rush he threw on Cook was down right disrespectful. I love how they used KPL as the coverage guy and just let Kwik kick *****.

-KPL has value. He can flat out run.

-I will never wrap my head around someone trading Khalil Mack.

-Aaron Lynch rushing from the inside looked pretty good. His length caused problems for the Vikings interior guys.

-Eddie Jackson may have taken on of the dumbest penalties of the year, but we have also reached the point where no one is bothering to test him in coverage.

I think it might be time to start talking about benching Long. The line looked so much better without him. I'm hoping the line can really start gelling in the coming weeks. Cody and James

have potential and can really get things going in the interior. I can't figure out what happen to Leno but he is really bad this year. I'm starting to get the sense that David Montgomery is too slow to get those big chunks.

I'm not seeing a ton of running holes either. 

Chase looked better than Mitch in this offense. Is he going to make this a 26ppg offense? No but he can play really well complimentary football. This defense needs to be the one that is driving this team right now.