NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, agreed on the 5. Order for me would be Giannis, Harden, Luka, LeBron, Davis.

That's cool to. I just think the Lakers winning possibly 60+ games will have someone in the top 3 MVP race. I had an oversight in missing Luka but he is definitely up there as well.

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Nope. I think, at 25 years old, he's hit his peak. Nothing wrong with that considering just how high his ceiling is. Only way it expands is if he becomes a more consistent shooter. At this point, you can't bank on that so, yes, this is his ceiling.

what??? Unless we are talking fantsay stats only. Players can still get better. Especially Giannis since he only shoots OK now. I still see a slow steady improvement over the next few years. Now the flip side is how long can his body stand up for him. But a wiser Giannis is/will be better than a 25 YO Giannis anyway.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

NBA's RPM stat came out yesterday. It's a decent metric for showing how impactful a player is. They switched up their defensive metrics from a season ago and it's early so it's still a noisy stat. That said, the Tatum fans should be awfully happy.

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm

OK Yes I am, sort of. Not for me. But for fans who rely on stats/adv/metrics etc.. watching Boston every game I can see the impact that Tatum has without stats. One of the BIGGEST is his ability to guard straight up and switch seamlessly unto any of 5 positions. Not enough weight is carried on what makes a team a good defensive team. Having players who can defend multiple positions in a league where switching is must. Tatum, along with Smart and J Brown will keep Boston competitive even when they have bad offensive games.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So we are all in agreement the top 4 MVP race is:

1. Giannis

2. Davis

3. James

4. Harden 

?

I am notedly not as big of a fan of Luka as some on here for various reasons. BUT we are talking about MVP and not best players. Luka is clearly a top MVP. Probably behind only Giannis and Harden. Let me remind some that while Lebron and Davis are better players. They have each other, An MVP candidate usually has no one else of that magnitude. Nash has won 2 MVPs while Wade has none, Kobe and Shaq only one each. Nash wasn't ever better. But more valuable definitely.

In fact I can live with Doncic as the bigger version of Nash, if/when he improves his shooting.

Dallas just needs to sustain winning and Luka should remain a top 3 throughout the season easy.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I am notedly not as big of a fan of Luka as some on here for various reasons. BUT we are talking about MVP and not best players. Luka is clearly a top MVP. Probably behind only Giannis and Harden. Let me remind some that while Lebron and Davis are better players. They have each other, An MVP candidate usually has no one else of that magnitude. Nash has won 2 MVPs while Wade has none, Kobe and Shaq only one each. Nash wasn't ever better. But more valuable definitely.

In fact I can live with Doncic as the bigger version of Nash, if/when he improves his shooting.

Dallas just needs to sustain winning and Luka should remain a top 3 throughout the season easy.

Luka is definitely in the MVP hunt and could be argued as top 3 for sure.