NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

8 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

NBA's RPM stat came out yesterday. It's a decent metric for showing how impactful a player is. They switched up their defensive metrics from a season ago and it's early so it's still a noisy stat. That said, the Tatum fans should be awfully happy.

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm

Reason 1001 and why this "advanced" stat is garbage.  You can't tell me that Anthony Davis is the 50th best player in the NBA, and that Alex Caruso is better than him.

24 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Reason 1001 and why this "advanced" stat is garbage.  You can't tell me that Anthony Davis is the 50th best player in the NBA, and that Alex Caruso is better than him.

Davis gets screwed by being on the same team as LeBron and D12. His "Off" minutes view him as replaceable because they have another elite rim protector and offensive player making it look like he doesn't impact the game.

Painful but needed loss for Boston tonight.

Truth can hurt. But denial is worse. Boston probably is one of 8 teams that could reasonably compete for a title. But amongst the 8, Boston probably has the worst centers. Going against The Bucks and/or the Sixers are not a good matchup. Both Theis and Kanter  and possibly Robert Williams make for solid backups. But not staring material for a TRUE championship contender. The trade ability for teams start Dec 15. Ainge better not sit on his hands. Unless his goal is to be close but not get over the top is what he wants. Granted there aren't any easy answers out there, staying idle will most likely not get it done. Boston has some young players and certainly some draft picks. Some sort of combination could/should work.

as far as the game tonight goes. 

1- Tatum can get any shot against anyone he wants whenever he wants. BUT won't get his game to the next level until he either improves his runner/floater or stop taking it.

2- Boston besides a center, could use a veteran role paying forward that can hit 3's the way Scott has for Philly. Semi just can  not shoot consistently and often doesn't even get close on his 3 - pointers. Semi-Green and Romeo Langford are athletic but too young or not good enough to get the job done.

4 - Embiid , thanks to maybe Shaq and Barkley was just too dominant. Philly had a ton of open looks as well because Boston's double teaming Embiid half the time. 

5 - Ben Simmons is still a very talented joke IMO. If Philly doesn't go far in the playoffs, he will  be the biggest reason IMO. 

6- M  Thybulle is just another player I wish Boston would/could have drafted. I love elite wing defenders. But the fact that he is better shooter than they claimed makes him a potentially solid starter/role player for years to come.

There was more, will post later if I remember..

Edited by resilient part 2
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

uUhh why?

jeez just a joke. I am pizzed about my Celtics. I needed someone to hate on. you/Luka came calling B|

Never would have expected Dallas to win this much before the season.

That's why I have stated already Luka in my top 3 for MVP. Dallas keeps winning. 

Meanwhile Blake Griffin 1-10 from 3???

I know this a spread it out generation of basketball and BG has improved his 3 point shooting, BUT no way should he be pulling that many IMO. He needs to put pressure on the defense by pounding the ball inside with his strength and power. Even if he lost some of his athletic ability. 

Edited by resilient part 2

35 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Painful but needed loss for Boston tonight.

Truth can hurt. But denial is worse. Boston probably is one of 8 teams that could reasonably compete for a title. But amongst the 8, Boston probably has the worst centers. Going against The Bucks and/or the Sixers are not a good matchup. Both Theis and Kanter  and possibly Robert Williams make for solid backups. But not staring material for a TRUE championship contender. The trade ability for teams start Dec 15. Ainge better not sit on his hands. Unless his goal is to be close but not get over the top is what he wants. Granted there aren't any easy answers out there, staying idle will most likely not get it done. Boston has some young players and certainly some draft picks. Some sort of combination could/should work.

as far as the game tonight goes. 

1- Tatum can get any shot against anyone he wants whenever he wants. BUT won't get his game to the next level until he either improves his runner/floater or stop taking it.

2- Boston besides a center, could use a veteran role paying forward that can hit 3's the way Scott has for Philly. Semi just can  not shoot consistently and often doesn't even get close on his 3 - pointers. Semi-Green and Romeo Langford are athletic but too young or not good enough to get the job done.

4 - Embiid , thanks to maybe Shaq and Barkley was just too dominant. Philly had a ton of open looks as well because Boston's double teaming Embiid half the time. 

5 - Ben Simmons is still a very talented joke IMO. If Philly doesn't go far in the playoffs, he will  be the biggest reason IMO. 

6- M  Thybulle is just another player I wish Boston would/could have drafted. I love elite wing defenders. But the fact that he is better shooter than they claimed makes him a potentially solid starter/role player for years to come.

There was more, will post later if I remember..

Boston did draft Matisse Thybulle lol

• Like 1