NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

23 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

How can Luka be so bad at free throws? It’s mind boggling. If I were teams I would hack him.

Not Luka specific but the complete lack of thought for any player that isn't hitting at least 80-85% to try underhanded FTs is one my most hated things in basketball. It has been shown to be the most efficient way to make FTs and especially for big guys and those with long arms is much easier to repeat given it is a more natural motion. That everyone seems to be OK with players hurting their team because they want to look cool, or at least not like a fool (yes rhyming intentional and no I'm not proud of it), is baffling to me.

3 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

This game right here is why I bash Luka. 7-10 in the first half, only 3 misses were from 3. He’s now 10-21 and 2-10 on 3s. It’s absurd and is garbage losing basketball. Only Luka can shoot 70% in a half and finish the game quite possibly in the 30%s.

What I don't understand is why teams get up on him like he's a really good 3-point shooter then he goes in and drives for easy layups. I would just rather lay off and let him shoot his step-back threes which seemed to be hovering around 30%. When he drives he either gets a layup or gets a good look for another teammate.

28 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

What I don't understand is why teams get up on him like he's a really good 3-point shooter then he goes in and drives for easy layups. I would just rather lay off and let him shoot his step-back threes which seemed to be hovering around 30%. When he drives he either gets a layup or gets a good look for another teammate.

I’d hack him. He’s a trash free throw shooter. And he’s guaranteed to brick 7-8 3s a night.

He’s becoming an inefficient stat padder and it sucks. Someone with generational talent only wants to shoot 30 foot stepback 3s.

"Garbage loser basketball"

Team is 28-16 because of that "garbage loser basketball"

Also, if you lay off, he's doesn't have to take step back threes. It's a way to keep teams honest. He's like Giannis and LeBron where he's strong enough to get to the rim at will. The 3s are there to create space. You can't expect him to attack the hoop every damn time he has the ball and shooting mid-range shots is the dumbest thing you can do. I'd rather have Luka shooting 33% from 3 than 38% from mid-range. 

• Like 1

I’ve been too ticked lately to look but I’ve finally caught up on Hardens statistics. It’s been a rough month but his shooting numbers are all right around career averages. I guess the revert to the mean rule is in full effect. He had a crazy hot shooting month in December and now January has him back down to his normal range. Hopefully it levels out now and he goes back to his normal shooting. 

especially with that impossible @ Denver @ Utah back to back that I still don’t know why the league does. 

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I’ve been too ticked lately to look but I’ve finally caught up on Hardens statistics. It’s been a rough month but his shooting numbers are all right around career averages. I guess the revert to the mean rule is in full effect. He had a crazy hot shooting month in December and now January has him back down to his normal range. Hopefully it levels out now and he goes back to his normal shooting. especially with that impossible @ Denver @ Utah back to back that I still don’t know why the league does. 

Question is does he need to keep shooting it like a madman or can he stay at his career shooting averages in order for this HOU roster to get where it needs to be?

I dont follow them closely so outside the headliners, I dont know what he's got around him this year versus last - but sense he'll burn out come playoff time if he doesnt slow it down. 

In 2018-19 they finished up in 4th place @ 53-29. Right now they're in the 6th slot @ 27-16.

Can he slow it down - or back it down to his career norm - and this team still succeed?

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I’ve been too ticked lately to look but I’ve finally caught up on Hardens statistics. It’s been a rough month but his shooting numbers are all right around career averages. I guess the revert to the mean rule is in full effect. He had a crazy hot shooting month in December and now January has him back down to his normal range. Hopefully it levels out now and he goes back to his normal shooting. 

especially with that impossible @ Denver @ Utah back to back that I still don’t know why the league does. 

lucky for u half the team is out