NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

NBA being over when the NFL preseason starts would be so clutch. Like it needs to happen. No summer drought anymore. Makes too much sense, though I guess one issue would be that NBA players would no longer be able to play in the Olympics or World Championships anymore? 

I think the NBA international footprint is so strong ATM that they can afford to just send college amateurs to those events and if they still want NBA talent to compete internationally, they can always start their own international tournament and play it in the fall. I wonder if the NBA and TV networks are looking at the potential ratings boast this can have, they have to give it a shot in 2021.

22 minutes ago, August4th said:

I think the NBA international footprint is so strong ATM that they can afford to just send college amateurs to those events

college players would get destroyed

even the B/C team of NBA players hasn't even been able to win in international play for like 20 years (win in this context means winning the tourney)

24 minutes ago, August4th said:

I think the NBA international footprint is so strong ATM that they can afford to just send college amateurs to those events and if they still want NBA talent to compete internationally, they can always start their own international tournament and play it in the fall. I wonder if the NBA and TV networks are looking at the potential ratings boast this can have, they have to give it a shot in 2021.

Or pause like the NHL does.  And TBH, if the playoffs ended in mid August, there would only likely be 4/8 teams playing and I am sure they could find a decent team out of the teams already eliminated.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

college players would get destroyed

even the B/C team of NBA players hasn't even been able to win in international play for like 20 years (win in this context means winning the tourney)

Yep, just look at last tournament. But those tournaments matter much more to guys that represent other countries like Jokic, Doncic etc that can't miss them.

9 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Or pause like the NHL does.  And TBH, if the playoffs ended in mid August, there would only likely be 4/8 teams playing and I am sure they could find a decent team out of the teams already eliminated.  

I was thinking this, but not sure I would want that. But it may be the only solution with a late start. 

6 hours ago, champ11 said:

nugs play them twice in the 8 game reg season. that's huge. they might be the worst team in the west without him

have the actual schedules came out?

I think ppl theorized what they would be idt an official one came out yet, unless I missed it

8 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

have the actual schedules came out?

I think ppl theorized what they would be idt an official one came out yet, unless I missed it

No, but it's supposed to be the next 8 games on your schedule, not counting the 8 teams not invited to Orlando. Sometimes this doesn't add up due to one team being in another's first 8, but the same not being true in reverse. It'll work for the most part, just needs a couple of changes. 

Apparently some portion of the players are considering withdrawing from participation in Orlando. Haven't seen any names, and it doesn't sound like it's anyone important on contending teams, but curious how this could potentially impact the playoffs. Without any real "home field advantage", we could see a lot of surprises/upsets. Kind of low key excited for this.

On 6/3/2020 at 4:12 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yep, just look at last tournament. But those tournaments matter much more to guys that represent other countries like Jokic, Doncic etc that can't miss them.

I was thinking this, but not sure I would want that. But it may be the only solution with a late start. 

We could easily field a gold medal team from all non playoff teams. 

this year alone would have Steph Curry, Damian Lillard, Blake griffin, Kevin love, Andre Drummond, Bradley Beal, KAT, Derozan, Booker, Ingram, Zion, Lavine and so on.