NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

Man, the NBA is the most player's friendly league there is. They worked with the NBAPA the entire time, asked them if they wanted to resume the season and the NBAPA overwhelmingly voted yes. Then they actually put the plan together and also sent it to the NBAPA where it got overwhelmingly approved once again. Shouldn't these concerns have come up during the voting process? I wonder what the ratio of people who have actual concerns with the bubble or optics of the situation is vs the people who are just being whiny about the fact that they'll have to be quarantined just like everyone else in the world has been except they get millions of dollars to do it and for basketball. 

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Not sure. I can't tell if it's a respect thing or a competitive thing. Based on who it is I'd wager it's not a respect thing.

To me it just reads super sarcastic. "Oh if LeBron wants to play then we're going to play because the NBA bends to LeBron's will" kind of thing. 

47 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

To me it just reads super sarcastic. "Oh if LeBron wants to play then we're going to play because the NBA bends to LeBron's will" kind of thing. 

Ah, I missed that but now seems super obvious.

I know he doesn't like LeBron, but LeBron probably shouldn't be targeted here. I'm not sure there are any players in pro sports over the last 40 years who have done more for their community and using their platform for change than LeBron.

• Like 1

Very little was agreed upon - it was pretty much only the format of the season. Kyrie and others spoke up because the NBAPA was involved but it was a limited number of players.

Of course Kyrie being the leader of the whole thing is a bit funny, but the premise is completely fair. We are in a time of total uncertainty and questioning the motives and groundwork for getting the season back going is completely reasonable. Don't get it twisted. Very little has been planned or set in stone for the players to just commit to. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

Very little was agreed upon - it was pretty much only the format of the season. Kyrie and others spoke up because the NBAPA was involved but it was a limited number of players.

Of course Kyrie being the leader of the whole thing is a bit funny, but the premise is completely fair. We are in a time of total uncertainty and questioning the motives and groundwork for getting the season back going is completely reasonable. Don't get it twisted. Very little has been planned or set in stone for the players to just commit to. 

So you're telling me Jokic got in the best shape of his life....for potentially no reason????? Smh!!!!!

But yeah, they made all these victory laps prematurely. NBA will likely be back, but a lot of questions still remain.