NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

6 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Now we traded for Cauley-Stein.

great pickup for Dallas. Stein's best asset may be his roiling to the rim and catching dunks. And Luka's best asset is his passing, especially his lobs. Either way great move for Dallas IMO.

Edited by resilient part 2
  • Like 1

The timeline for Steph Curry's injury is 3-6 weeks and he's going to miss 3-6 months. This is the most blatant tank job I've seen since The Process. If Silver is pissed about the ratings going down this year, he needs to blame the Warriors as much as anyone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

So if the Bucks win lets say 75 games and DON"T get a ring, would that be considered a "great season"

Not trolling, just curious.

Well, they won't win 75 games (would need to go 35-1 to finish the year lol), but if they manage upper 60s or even 70, it's definitely a great season. Only one team wins a ring so it wouldn't take away from what we've accomplished IMO. 

We're getting that ring though so it's a moot point. ;)

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

great pickup for Dallas. Stein's best asset may be his roiling to the rim and catching dunks. And Luka's best asset is his passing, especially his lobs. Either way great move for Dallas IMO.

low cost for sure. I think it also helps the Mavs by keeping their options open for another wing player. Someone like Crowder would be good, but Memphis is in the playoff hunt. However, they are probably better off tanking the rest of this season to get a better draft pick, and if they can sell of Crowder for GSW's 2nd round pick, then that also helps them out in the long run.

But let's see what happens.

I know you guys don't watch a ton of Bucks ball but Donte DiVincenzo deserves to be all-NBA defense this year. That's just based on myself getting to watch him every night. He's insanely active on that end and we are so much better on defense when he's on the court. Stats kinda back that up as he's 4th in DPBM for guards behind Simmons, Beverley and Dunn too. He probably doesn't get it due to only being 15th overall in steals but his impact is surely felt on defense. 

5 hours ago, Kirill said:

The timeline for Steph Curry's injury is 3-6 weeks and he's going to miss 3-6 months. This is the most blatant tank job I've seen since The Process. If Silver is pissed about the ratings going down this year, he needs to blame the Warriors as much as anyone.

What? Unless I’m missing something, he was always gonna miss 3-4 months with this injury. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I love it. KP and WCS on the floor together can be a nightmare for opposing offenses. Just not sure it solves the rebounding issue though.

I’m excited to watch Luka/WCS pick and rolls.

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I know you guys don't watch a ton of Bucks ball but Donte DiVincenzo deserves to be all-NBA defense this year. That's just based on myself getting to watch him every night. He's insanely active on that end and we are so much better on defense when he's on the court. Stats kinda back that up as he's 4th in DPBM for guards behind Simmons, Beverley and Dunn too. He probably doesn't get it due to only being 15th overall in steals but his impact is surely felt on defense. 

Like a month ago I compared him to Marcus Smart. Which is not where I thought DD's NBA's role would go lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Well, they won't win 75 games (would need to go 35-1 to finish the year lol), but if they manage upper 60s or even 70, it's definitely a great season. Only one team wins a ring so it wouldn't take away from what we've accomplished IMO. 

We're getting that ring though so it's a moot point. ;)

Definitely a great season, but not an all time great without a ring. The bulls 72-10 season still reigns supreme and the warriors 73-9 season isn’t a top 10 season because they failed to win. 

at the end of the day, EVERYONE, 100% of the time would take a 40-42 season that turned into a ring than a 75-7 season that didn’t. 

11 hours ago, Kirill said:

3-6 weeks? The hell are you talking about? 

Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors will miss at least three months after undergoing surgery on Friday in Los Angeles on his broken left hand.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/11/01/sports/basketball/stephen-curry-broken-hand-surgery.amp.html

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Does he have the minutes/starts? That would be my initial concern. I love white Donte tho