NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

6 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Can't believe they didn't play the pelican Oklahoma game after this one but Zion world win Rookie of the Year if and only if the Pelicans catch Memphis. Don't think it'll happen though but Zion is catching unbelievable hype at this moment

It's going to be close as far as the Pelicans making the playoffs. They have one of, if not the easiest remaining schedule after All Star. The Grizzlies on the other hand have one of the more difficult remaining schedule. The Pelicans also have the current head to head tiebreaker over the Grizzlies.

They may be too far back but they could certainly make things interesting.

11 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

It's going to be close as far as the Pelicans making the playoffs. They have one of, if not the easiest remaining schedule after All Star. The Grizzlies on the other hand have one of the more difficult remaining schedule. The Pelicans also have the current head to head tiebreaker over the Grizzlies.

They may be too far back but they could certainly make things interesting.

Simple question then , if the Pelicans do catch Memphis, shouldn't Zion be the Rookie of the Year then? Especially if he keeps putting up numbers like he is

Edited by resilient part 2

19 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Simple question then , if the Pelicans do catch Memphis, shouldn't Zion be the Rookie of the Year then? Especially if he keeps putting up numbers like he is

Considering he’s also the better player, yes

23 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

When you mentioned Zion winning ROY a couple weeks ago, I said no way unless he averages something crazy like 27/12/2.

Well, he's been doing close to those numbers the pass few games and he'll only get better as he gets into better shape/conditioning and just gets a better understanding of the game. Plus he'll be going against a bunch of bad/tanking teams post All Star, which could help inflate his stats somewhat. I mean, even now he's doing stuff we haven't seen since Shaq and MJ. I just don't know at this point....

If Zion keeps this up, he'll have a Shaq-esque rookie year. All-star caliber. Ja, as good as he was, hasn't been at that level. Given Zion's hype, I have little doubt he'd win ROTY if at season's end Morant's only argument is that he played 30 more games. Definitely could be closer race than we thought.