NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

Meanwhile the way the Pels are playing now, the way Zion is playing , and the hype that he carries, combine that with the likely Fall of Memphis, and Zion will be heavy in the Rookie of the Year voting. Not saying he will win it but my God you guys have underestimated the votes he will be getting

But dang it make some FTs..1 for 6 for any NBA player is a joke..

Edited by resilient part 2

Zion doing things not seen since MJ is eye popping, even for his biggest supporters. The scary thing is he's no way near close to how he was prior to the injury/his Duke days. I don't think we'll see that Zion until next season with an offseason of work (barring any setbacks of course).

1 hour ago, amac said:

if we can get a 5 that can space the floor or if Jaxson Hayes develops range this core is going to be ridiculous. As good as Favors can be I think that would be huge for maximizing a Lonzo-Ingram-Zion core

Jrue absolutely has to be considered a part of that core. As good as Zion has been, it's been Jrue carrying this team these last 4-5 games. Can't believe they contemplated trading him at one point.

And I'm not sure what to do at the 5. Favors and Hayes give us some top quality depth, but long-term and in the playoffs/crunch time situations, I could easily see the Pelicans moving Zion down to the 5 and playing small ball (Lonzo-Jrue-Redick-Ingram-Zion). So I'm not sure if it's exactly a priority to try and upgrade the position in the offseason.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Jrue absolutely has to be considered a part of that core. As good as Zion has been, it's been Jrue carrying this team these last 4-5 games. Can't believe they contemplated trading him at one point.

And I'm not sure what to do at the 5. Favors and Hayes give us some top quality depth, but long-term and in the playoffs/crunch time situations, I could easily see the Pelicans moving Zion down to the 5 and playing small ball (Lonzo-Jrue-Redick-Ingram-Zion). So I'm not sure if it's exactly a priority to try and upgrade the position in the offseason.

I think the spacing/usage issues will cause us to hit a wall at some point if our long term lineup stays as is and Hayes doesn't develop a jumper. It remains to be seen how Zion will fare with big minutes at the 5 against the likes of AD and Jokic.

8 hours ago, amac said:

if we can get a 5 that can space the floor or if Jaxson Hayes develops range this core is going to be ridiculous. As good as Favors can be I think that would be huge for maximizing a Lonzo-Ingram-Zion core

I still think Myles Turner is that guy.

He needs a change of scenery badly.