NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

20 hours ago, champ11 said:

I think they can check out and they do. It's a long season. I just think their "checked out" is going to be different than Jokic's. That's kinda my point. LeBron checked out isn't gonna look as bad as Jokic checked out lol. That's all I'm saying.

Part of what makes Giannis and Russ incredible/special is they go hard every single night. 

I think almost every superstar has their way of season long load management or in-game load management. I just think it's gonna look different with different dudes.

Lebron

Kawhi

Durant

Steph

AD

Giannis

Just curious, which players out of those 6 do you feel he's better than?

11 minutes ago, braylon said:

Lebron

Kawhi

Durant

Steph

AD

Giannis

Just curious, which players out of those 6 do you feel he's better than?

KD and Steph healthy above him for sure. I think he's better than AD.

LeBron

Giannis

Kawhi

Harden

Jokic

AD 

Luka

Is probably my current top 7 current players. I think Luka got crowned too soon - Jokic is still better. I wouldn't have much issue with anyone putting AD over Jokic, I think it would come down to how you evaluate who is "better." Jokic makes his team better, AD might be a better all around talent. 

But anyway, a line by line ranking of players I've kind of decided is pointless. I think tiers make more sense. 

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

LeBron

Giannis

Kawhi

Harden

Jokic

AD 

Luka

Is probably my current top 7 current players. I think Luka got crowned too soon - Jokic is still better. I wouldn't have much issue with anyone putting AD over Jokic, I think it would come down to how you evaluate who is "better." Jokic makes his team better, AD might be a better all around talent. 

But anyway, a line by line ranking of players I've kind of decided is pointless. I think tiers make more sense. 

Fair. Everything you said makes sense. I just figured you had likely thought out the "top 5" thing, so I was curious.

BTW, agree on Luka. Jokic>Luka, for now at least.

11 minutes ago, braylon said:

Fair. Everything you said makes sense. I just figured you had likely thought out the "top 5" thing, so I was curious.

BTW, agree on Luka. Jokic>Luka, for now at least.

I think it's easiest to break it into tiers. You've got your for sure can be the best player on a championship team type superstar in tier 1: Bron, Giannis, Kawhi, Steph, KD (last two when healthy)

And then I think the second tier is: Harden (probably a debate to have him in the first tier but playoff crumbles probably knock him down from a narrative POV), Jokic, AD (I don't think he's a guy that can carry a team, but best possible sidekick), Luka, maybe Dame 

Not sure if I'm forgetting everyone. I feel like healthy Embiid is in that second tier, but should he really get the respect if he straight up isn't reliable? Not sure. 

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

LeBron

Giannis

Kawhi

Harden

Jokic

AD 

Luka

I'd agree with this. I think Jokic is flat out better than AD. He's got an edge on Luka now but I'm fairly confident that'll be gone by next season. Curry and Durant have age/injuries to start worrying about too. For this year he might be as high as #4 for me. For next year here would be my top 10.

Giannis

LeBron

Kawhi

Harden

Luka

Jokic

Curry

AD

Durant

Zion

Edited by Bullet Club

Durant is going to still a killer next year. His size and skill set for his size is what makes him special and that's not going to change. Will be athletic enough. Jokic won't be better than KD next year. Steph is going to be Steph. Jokic is going to be in the 6-10 range. And let's see the type of jump a guy like Tatum can take.

18 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I think it's easiest to break it into tiers. You've got your for sure can be the best player on a championship team type superstar in tier 1: Bron, Giannis, Kawhi, Steph, KD (last two when healthy)

And then I think the second tier is: Harden (probably a debate to have him in the first tier but playoff crumbles probably knock him down from a narrative POV), Jokic, AD (I don't think he's a guy that can carry a team, but best possible sidekick), Luka, maybe Dame 

Not sure if I'm forgetting everyone. I feel like healthy Embiid is in that second tier, but should he really get the respect if he straight up isn't reliable? Not sure. 

I don't know what to do with Harden when ranking players. I HATE his style of basketball and it doesn't seem conducive to winning. But there's not denying he's amazing. 

Dame isn't on Jokic, AD, Luka level, even though he is amazing. He's cold blooded and clutch as they come, but he's just not on their level IMO. 

I also kinda don't know what to do with AD. Talent wise (and production really) he honestly probably belongs on tier 1. But, asking him to carry a team and be the best player on a championship team just doesn't seem like it would go well. But I mean, he was also awesome in the playoffs two years ago. Running into the juggernaut Warriors has stopped a lot of players/teams from having postseason success.

4 minutes ago, braylon said:

I don't know what to do with Harden when ranking players. I HATE his style of basketball and it doesn't seem conducive to winning. But there's not denying he's amazing. 

Dame isn't on Jokic, AD, Luka level, even though he is amazing. He's cold blooded and clutch as they come, but he's just not on their level IMO. 

I also kinda don't know what to do with AD. Talent wise (and production really) he honestly probably belongs on tier 1. But, asking him to carry a team and be the best player on a championship team just doesn't seem like it would go well. But I mean, he was also awesome in the playoffs two years ago. Running into the juggernaut Warriors has stopped a lot of players/teams from having postseason success.

Agree on pretty much all accounts. I think AD is soundly not a first tier player based on what he does with the team around him but his talent and production is unreal so I'm not necessarily gonna argue with someone that looks at basketball differently than me if they want to rank him really high. 

If Harden was in the east or cared less about the MVP award we'd all probably look at him differently. But as of now he needs an epic playoff run to turn it around. Which may be unfair, but that's kinda how it goes if you want to be regarded as one of those top top level guys. And that's not saying anything about how he plays...where I feel the same as most......

Yeah Dame is probably in that third tier. He's been neutralized in numerous playoff series. Fantastic player though. Great guy to build your franchise around. Just not as high of a ceiling with him as the other top guys  

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Agree on pretty much all accounts. I think AD is soundly not a first tier player based on what he does with the team around him but his talent and production is unreal so I'm not necessarily gonna argue with someone that looks at basketball differently than me if they want to rank him really high. 

If Harden was in the east or cared less about the MVP award we'd all probably look at him differently. But as of now he needs an epic playoff run to turn it around. Which may be unfair, but that's kinda how it goes if you want to be regarded as one of those top top level guys. And that's not saying anything about how he plays...where I feel the same as most......

Yeah Dame is probably in that third tier. He's been neutralized in numerous playoff series. Fantastic player though. Great guy to build your franchise around. Just not as high of a ceiling with him as the other top guys  

Question for you.. If you needed to make as deep of a run as possible in the playoffs this year who are you choosing to lead your roster? AD or Harden?