NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

8 minutes ago, braylon said:

Question for you.. If you needed to make as deep of a run as possible in the playoffs this year who are you choosing to lead your roster? AD or Harden?

Harden pretty easily for me. I didn't feel like digging into NBA stats so this was the most recent version of this stat I found in a quick twitter search

although Harden is in a horrible slump right now lol 

Edited by champ11

29 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Durant is going to still a killer next year. His size and skill set for his size is what makes him special and that's not going to change. Will be athletic enough. Jokic won't be better than KD next year. Steph is going to be Steph. Jokic is going to be in the 6-10 range. And let's see the type of jump a guy like Tatum can take.

Coming off an achilles KD isn't going to be KD immediately. 

52 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Coming off an achilles KD isn't going to be KD immediately. 

He will be close to the level he was at before his injury. Again, still be a 7 foot sniper and doesn't rely on athleticism nearly as much as other scorers. He will have been 16 months removed from his Achilles injury by the time the season starts next season. This isn't the case of KD during after 9 or 10 months, instead he will have damn year a year in a half to recover. 

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He will be close to the level he was at before his injury. Again, still be a 7 foot sniper and doesn't rely on athleticism nearly as much as other scorers. He will have been 16 months removed from his Achilles injury by the time the season starts next season. This isn't the case of KD during after 9 or 10 months, instead he will have damn year a year in a half to recover. 

Everyone in the NBA relies on athleticism. You don't come back the same after an achilles.

34 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Everyone in the NBA relies on athleticism. You don't come back the same after an achilles.

When did I say he doesn't rely on athleticism? I said he doesn't rely on it as much as other scorers...Which is a fact. And how many players in their prime come back after 16 months? Again, he's not coming back this season. If he was to return late this season and you would say he won't be the same THIS season, I could get behind that. But that's not the case at all. Durant will be averaging his usual 26-28 PPG on near 50/38/88 shooting splits. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

When did I say he doesn't rely on athleticism? I said he doesn't rely on it as much as other scorers...Which is a fact. And how many players in their prime come back after 16 months? Again, he's not coming back this season. If he was to return late this season and you would say he won't be the same THIS season, I could get behind that. But that's not the case at all. Durant will be averaging his usual 26-28 PPG on near 50/38/88 shooting splits. 

He can post those numbers and still be a worse overall player. He's going to have rust and achilles injuries are deadly. Taking more time off doesn't really matter if it's also more time away from the game. Kobe went from a superstar to a scrub the rest of his career. You can expect him to be a top 5 guy when he comes back but you'll likely be very disappointed.

14 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

He can post those numbers and still be a worse overall player. He's going to have rust and achilles injuries are deadly. Taking more time off doesn't really matter if it's also more time away from the game. Kobe went from a superstar to a scrub the rest of his career. You can expect him to be a top 5 guy when he comes back but you'll likely be very disappointed.

Kobe Bryant was coming from an Achilles injury in his 17th season with much more mileage on his body than Durant. And even Kobe, he relied on athleticism more than Durant, despite being extremely skilled himself. 

And taking more time absolutely helps him. You can point to rust, but coming back after 16 months opposed to 9 months doesn't make a difference? In what world does that not make a difference? That's damn near a year of more recovery time for him to strengthen his Achilles. 

But anyways, I am confident Durant will be seen as a better player than Jokic next season. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kobe Bryant was coming from an Achilles injury in his 17th season with much more mileage on his body than Durant. And even Kobe, he relied on athleticism more than Durant, despite being extremely skilled himself. 

And taking more time absolutely helps him. You can point to rust, but coming back after 16 months opposed to 9 months doesn't make a difference? In what world does that not make a difference? That's damn near a year of more recovery time for him to strengthen his Achilles. 

But anyways, I am confident Durant will be seen as a better player than Jokic next season. 

Agree to disagree.

48 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

The Warriors will be the first NBA team to play with no fans in attendance. Game will happen against the Nets

This is huge.  If things continue to get worse, more teams might follow suit. If it still gets worse, this will go into the playoffs, which happen next month.

I get this is very important and I'm not trying to put it down, I'm just talking from purely a basketball standpoint.  All season the Lakers and Bucks have been the #1 seed in their respective conferences. What was it for if fans are not allowed in the arena during the playoffs?