NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

47 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I ain't disagreeing entirely, I just think there was a general lethargic response by the majority of people regarding covid and we didn't know what we know now. rudy being the first professional athlete to test positive, i think, turned this real for a lot of people real fast. 

this coming from a fella who has now been laid off a month today and has left his house 3 times in a month. 

True to a degree, but it shouldn't have had to be him testing positive for him to take it seriously. The signs and warnings were there and the rules/stipulations/guidelines/whatever were put in place for good reason.

Rudy's not alone in this. The idiots on spring break, licking toilet bowls, etc. all fall under this same umbrella. If I had a friend or family member acting that way about it, I'd think long and hard about if I'm going to surround myself with that kind of person going forward.

"Lol," Joe Ingles tweeted shortly after the story went live. Of course, that could've been about a lot of things. But the timing was suspect, and his subsequent tweets suggest he was aware of the news cycle.

He was also quoted in The Athletic's report:

“I'm confident our team is going to be totally fine. I heard Donovan's response (on GMA), or whatever it was, to that question, and a part of that is on Donovan and Rudy to sort out if he's frustrated with him or whatever. But I have no doubt when we go back to training, or when our season starts again, our team is going to be what we have been and what we are. … I'm confident our team will be completely fine. The chemistry will be fine."

On 4/10/2020 at 4:19 PM, Troy Brown said:

agreed, rudy is in fact an idiot but apologized and donated money iirc, didn't he? for my sake, it would be a dumb thing to hold a grudge over in unprecedented times like these. 

agree ..... definitely seems opportunistic for mitchell to me. if you were really brothers like that I would expect you to work through this. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Super dope!

Damn good money right there as well. I mean soon they will lift the one and done rule anyways, but this is a nice option for kids trying to make money right out of HS. 

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Isaiah Todd, the #14 recruit in the 2020 class is also signing with the G-League as well. As a parent I'd personally advise my kid to go the college route but it is a nice option to have. With a major division 1 college program the exposure you get playing on ESPN, CBS, etc every night is unparalleled. Not to mention in college you're playing against 18-22 year old kids. While in the G-League you're typically playing against guys that have already done 3-4 years of college, bounced around the league, and/or played professionally on the international circuit. Both of those kids better be ready to play because they're going to have a huge target on their backs.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Isaiah Todd, the #14 recruit in the 2020 class is also signing with the G-League as well. As a parent I'd personally advise my kid to go the college route but it is a nice option to have. With a major division 1 college program the exposure you get playing on ESPN, CBS, etc every night is unparalleled. Not to mention in college you're playing against 18-22 year old kids. While in the G-League you're typically playing against guys that have already done 3-4 years of college, bounced around the league, and/or played professionally on the international circuit. Both of those kids better be ready to play because they're going to have a huge target on their backs.

That's fine, but at least they can pretty much eat, sleep and breath basketball in the G-League. The travel arrangements are going to suck but they will be on their own like they will be once they get to the league. They will also be playing against some grown men that have been in the NBA. And they get paid doing so while still getting a full ride scholarship! I like it and I'm interested in seeing how many follow suit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's fine, but at least they can pretty much eat, sleep and breath basketball in the G-League. The travel arrangements are going to suck but they will be on their own like they will be once they get to the league. They will also be playing against some grown men that have been in the NBA. And they get paid doing so while still getting a full ride scholarship! I like it and I'm interested in seeing how many follow suit. 

That's true but most of these kids also eat, sleep, and breath basketball as OAD. Plus they get luxury travel across the country, a full ride scholarship, and a ton of exposure playing on national TV every night. 

That's the biggest thing that I'd look at when advising my kid/recruit about which route to take. For someone like Jalen Green, who's an elite prospect, he should be able to hoop in the G-League because he's pro ready. But for a lesser player like Isaiah Todd, you really run the risk of getting exposed and destroying your draft stock by going that route. Lets just say someone like Todd gets exposed and instead of being the 15th pick after a year in college, he now falls into the 2nd round. As the 15th pick he would've guaranteed himself $16M over the first four years of his NBA career. As a 2nd round pick he doesn't have any type of guaranteed deal, has to fight for a roster spot in the summer league, and likely ends up right back in the G-League fighting to make a team. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That's true but most of these kids also eat, sleep, and breath basketball as OAD. Plus they get luxury travel across the country, a full ride scholarship, and a ton of exposure playing on national TV every night. 

That's the biggest thing that I'd look at when advising my kid/recruit about which route to take. For someone like Jalen Green, who's an elite prospect, he should be able to hoop in the G-League because he's pro ready. But for a lesser player like Isaiah Todd, you really run the risk of getting exposed and destroying your draft stock by going that route. Lets just say someone like Todd gets exposed and instead of being the 15th pick after a year in college, he now falls into the 2nd round. As the 15th pick he would've guaranteed himself $16M over the first four years of his NBA career. As a 2nd round pick he doesn't have any type of guaranteed deal, has to fight for a roster spot in the summer league, and likely ends up right back in the G-League fighting to make a team. 

To some extent, but they still have to go to class. And for someone that was going to be one and done anyways, might as well get paid while just being able to focus on basketball. Going up against grown men from day one and having to battle fringe NBA players will help them. Besides, they get to play an NBA style of ball before actually getting to the league. They will be able to adjust to the NBA game much easier coming straight from the G-league opposed to college ball.

Exposure to guys like Green means what though? He's a top 3 prospect regardless where he plays. He could have a terrible season in the G-league and it's not going to detract teams from taking him in the top 3. I think the risk is worth the reward here. 

52 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Going up against grown men from day one and having to battle fringe NBA players will help them

idk if that is true. if you aren't better than the other players maybe you get a limited role on the team and you don't get to try running a team. which could help w/ passing/making reads, etc. you get to mess around more when you are better than the ppl you are playing, which could help w/ your creativity on the court. if you can't make mistakes because the players will take advantage of it it might limit what you try to do. 

56 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Besides, they get to play an NBA style of ball before actually getting to the league

idk if that is true, the gl seems more reckless, unstructured than even the nba