NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

11 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Even 1 year of Giannis is worth more than anything the Warriors could offer IMO. That is 1 year where you have very legit shot at a ring. I think a player of Giannis’s caliber should really only be moved if you’re getting at least a top 15 player you can build around in return.

In Pelicans case, where they traded an elite player (granted not Giannis level), they had no hope at a ring so 1 year of AD was fairly useless long term.

Free agency rumors. Mutual interest is the rumor. This is how it always starts. He will brush it off and say its not credible, Giannis will never leave, he loves the city, etc. etc. etc.

5 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Free agency rumors. Mutual interest is the rumor. This is how it always starts. He will brush it off and say its not credible, Giannis will never leave, he loves the city, etc. etc. etc.

Ah I thought trade... certainly possible. Will depend on each franchise’s trajectory. If Bucks win a ring or come close, I think he’d want to stay unless their prospects look bleak (younger guys not developing, vets on their way out, etc.) while Curry and Klay both show they are 100%.

Adding Giannis to that team would be similar to KD in impact, just for very different reasons. Giannis clearly at his best when surrounded by shooters so I see the attraction.

22 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

How is Golden State going to sign Giannis? They'd have to trade their whole team except Curry, especially since the cap is going to plummet.

Cap will rise to normal following next season. I'm just saying Giannis clearly willing to hear out other franchises...Which is the first step.

Silver told the owners that he is aiming for a decision in 2-to-4 weeks about whether to resume the season or cancel, sources said. For the first time since the coronavirus hiatus started on March 11, Silver and the NBA have set a specific timetable and a target.

How would a potential return look? One or two locations — such as Disney World in Orlando or Las Vegas — and this playing grounds environment that Silver described Tuesday: Players/personnel able to move around, but undergo testing upon re-entry. This would mean that people involved in the isolated city environment would be re-examined before any return to the remainder of the pack. It would not be a strict “medical bubble,” Silver said to the players and again on Tuesday.

https://theathletic.com/1811544/2020/05/13/shams-what-to-know-about-adam-silvers-call-with-board-of-governors-tuesday/?source=twittered

I think they will pretty much do anything they can to get the season up and running again. But will be interesting to see how the testing works and if someone does test positive. Will family be allowed in the hotels in Orlando or Las Vegas? Will the family get tested daily as well? A lot of questions but Silver and the players will at least attempt to finish the season one way or another. 

Just some random stuff: 

- I was watching a lot of the highlights of the Cavs vs Wizards playoff series in 06 and it was so much fun. That was one of the best first round series of the last 15 years for sure. So manys ebbs and flows and some late game blunders and clutch play. LeBron's first playoff series and he delivered in a huge way. Arenas was a killer during that time and damn near unstoppable. 

- I didn't realize that Kyrie this year per 36 was averaging 30/6/7/2 on 48/39/92 shooting splits. Probably because he barely played 20 games but damn he truly was having a great offensive season.

-Back to the Cavs, but LeBron gets a lot of praise for taking the 07 team to the finals, but his play during that playoff stretch wasn't close to how he played in 06. And in 06 they had a 3-2 lead against a clearly superior Detroit squad that still had Ben Wallace. They could have had a shot to win it or send it to OT but could not grab an offensive board as the Pistons pretty much killed the last minute of the game just off three offensive boards. We could have had a LeBron vs Wade ECFs. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Still a joke that Jokic lost to a team the Warriors swept by playing hard for five minutes every game....

Hey, agreed. The much better team (and star) lost. Our boy Jamal went 14/38 over games 6 and 7. Portland had random guys step up and Denver had Jokic ballin solo. Jokic's averages during the Portland series: 27/14/8 on 52/46/83 shooting. LOL 

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Hey, agreed. The much better team (and star) lost. Our boy Jamal went 14/38 over games 6 and 7. Portland had random guys step up and Denver had Jokic ballin solo. Jokic's averages during the Portland series: 27/14/8 on 52/46/83 shooting. LOL 

Murray was indeed terrible to close the series but had some big moments before that. McCollum was just too good in game 7. Really fun series.