NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

9 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I mean, extremely soon to write him off. A defensive team needs to be built around him, but he's an incredible offensive talent. That team is scrub as hell. I don't think he deserves superstar hype or anything but he is going to be pretty special with the right team around him 

Not writing him off per se, but he is what he is - a dynamic, pint sized offensive talent who is an atrocious defender. I agree that it's still possible to build a team around that kind of talent, but the Hawks don't look close at all right now.

On the topic of the Hawks, why is Lloyd Pierce playing Young and his starters close to 40+ minutes in extreme blowouts (20+ point deficits going into the fourth)? Last night was at least the second time he's done so by my count (could be more). Pierce is a horrible coach, imo.

50 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Not writing him off per se, but he is what he is - a dynamic, pint sized offensive talent who is an atrocious defender. I agree that it's still possible to build a team around that kind of talent, but the Hawks don't look close at all right now.

On the topic of the Hawks, why is Lloyd Pierce playing Young and his starters close to 40+ minutes in extreme blowouts (20+ point deficits going into the fourth)? Last night was at least the second time he's done so by my count (could be more). Pierce is a horrible coach, imo.

He can definitely improve around the edges to become less of a minus on that end like other offensive talents have. Never gonna be lockdown but could work to not be a liability. I mean it's just too soon to kill him for that imo. Once there are competent players around him I'll go there. But yeah seems like a bit of stat padding going on down there 

• Like 1

On a basketball side note, the YMCA got together with the NBA and all holding competitions 4 shooters. The top scorers amongst all the YMCAs in Florida in my case, but other states for the other teams of course. The top 10 shooters go to the Miami Heat game in January at halftime and we'll shoot it out. With the winner going to Chicago to represent their team in my case since I live near Miami the Miami Heat.

But here is my dilemma January 2nd is the Heat game, yet I'm scheduled to be in New York doing family stuff and family celebrations. This kills me because I think I can win this whole ship. And I think it would be funny if you guys saw me at halftime of the All-Star Game representing the Miami Heat. Twice's funny since I'm a Boston Celtics fan.

21 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

On a basketball side note, the YMCA got together with the NBA and all holding competitions 4 shooters. The top scorers amongst all the YMCAs in Florida in my case, but other states for the other teams of course. The top 10 shooters go to the Miami Heat game in January at halftime and we'll shoot it out. With the winner going to Chicago to represent their team in my case since I live near Miami the Miami Heat.

Free Throws?  3 Pointers?  What kind of shots.

I should note that you have to get your own rebound and if you shoot threes and miss those are some long rebounds

I basically shot all around five three-pointers and when the rebounds came to mid-range I shot the mid-range has when I had opportunity I total like 44 points in a minute

Edited by resilient part 2

Dang , all these games on tonight and this place is crickets.. >:(

Meanwhile Brandon Clarke goes for 27 points in only 25 minutes off the bench while shooting 13 for 19. F U Danny Ainge and Brad Stevens or whomever. How do these Professional NBA guys F the draft up so much..  I said draft him and twice we pass, But we got a 6'6 PF who can't jump, shoot a lick or finish around the rim. But hey what Do I know..

Edited by resilient part 2
  • Like 1

Since I am in a ranting mood, I also stated Boston should look into D Howard. Man is only getting paid 1.6 million. He has been playing great. The knee jerk reaction of Boston's bad chemistry last season and it's don't take a chance on a risky character. DH is exactly what the doctor ordered for Boston. A BIG legit center who excels at rebounding and defense. But hey he can't shoot 3 pointers. Good job Brad. Stay soft forever!!