NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

32 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Somebody should go back in history and look up how many big playoff series would potentially go the other way before they started doing replay in the last 2 mins. That play where Beverley stripped LeBron, 100% of the time that play was and still is ruled out on the defender, but I would venture that well more than half, probably more than 75% of the time it is actually last touched by the ball carrier. Anytime that happens in a pickup game people argue for like 10 mins on who touched it last.

Yep, and I remember in the Lakers/Celtics finals that a Celtics defender smacked Gasol's hands but the ball last touched Gasol's hands and the ball was given to the Celtics. But if that was before the last two minutes, 100000% it would have been the Lakers ball. In this case the ruling was correct but like you said, but then technically this should be the call for the entire game year around since it will almost always be out on the offensive player.

As for Philly/Milwaukee, that's going to be a dog fight of a series. No team is going to have an easy time with the 76ers. We saw that last year against the Raptors. They looked like the superior team for a decent part of the series but Kawhi was just too good at the end....and a bit of luck helped as well of course. 

I said it a few days ago, but literally nothing has changed from this Bucks team compared to the one we saw last year. Same beast of a time that has the same issues. Doesn't mean they can't win it all but the 76ers will give them a run for their money and Celtics will be competitive as well. 

Lakers/Clippers will be another great series, but the Lakers need one more play maker. Clippers have far more versatile players. All the Lakers points at the end of games come off just isolation and against good defensive teams that's a problem. LeBron though has played this type of style for his entire career but the Lakers playing two bigs makes it harder for him to get to the paint as well as just not being as explosive as he once was. That's a big problem. I figured they would end games with AD at the five and LBJ at the four, but they still went with their traditional two big look to close the game. And while AD can score on isolations, you kind of are limiting him by giving him the rock at the elbow/wing and expecting him to go one on one all the time and then have the Clippers load up on his side. Clippers have more guys that can just go out and get late game buckets. Iggy is the obvious pick up that can help the Lakers but he won't solve all their problems. I do wonder though if Vogel is saving the AD/LBJ as the lone bigs line up until the playoffs. Makes no sense not using it late in games.

Zion or no Zion, it is EMBARRASSING the Pelicans have the same amount of wins as the Dubs. Ingram was a straight killer last night and has been awesome all year long but Gentry has been atrocious. Murray with another no show and we want to lie to ourselves and say this man has been "really good" this season? @champ11

59 minutes ago, amac said:

Lonzo does nothing well in the halfcourt. Just hands the ball off and chucks 3s. Having trouble seeing a role for him in the NBA unless he develops actual PG skills. 

I have been saying his since forever.  Other than good fast break passing he is garbage. Melo will be the same as well.

Edited by resilient part 2

Harden before officials disciplined: 14 free throw attempts per game

harden after: 7 free throw attempts per game 

say what you want about Harden always getting calls he shouldn’t, but the guy leads the league in usage, drives and shot attempts. He should be top 5 in free throw attempts per game. The refs have clearly decided to stop calling fouls against him. His technicals and offensive fouls are both up as well. 

moral of the story: the league and refs are not impartial. I won’t even argue that the rockets didn’t have it coming but still it’s impossible to say it’s not there because it is. 

36 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Lamelo is a totally different ball player. 

LaMelo is like 5x worse than Lonzo was at the same stage. Dude shoots like 20% from 3 and isn’t the same athlete that Lonzo is/was. There’s a reason Lonzo was a consensus top 4 recruit as a senior in a very strong class. And why LaMelo wasn’t even a top 20 player in one of the weakest recruiting classes in the modern era. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

say what you want about Harden always getting calls he shouldn’t, but the guy leads the league in usage, drives and shot attempts. He should be top 5 in free throw attempts per game. The refs have clearly decided to stop calling fouls against him. His technicals and offensive fouls are both up as well. 

moral of the story: the league and refs are not impartial. I won’t even argue that the rockets didn’t have it coming but still it’s impossible to say it’s not there because it is. 

You guys lost to the 8-23 Warriors without Steph and Klay while shooting 37% from the floor. Just take your #L and move on. Do not bring up the officials for ONE day. Just be happy there is no chance of getting knocked out of the playoffs by the Warriors this season....Next year though? Uh oh.................

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

LaMelo is like 5x worse than Lonzo was at the same stage. Dude shoots like 20% from 3 and isn’t the same athlete that Lonzo is/was. There’s a reason Lonzo was a consensus top 4 recruit as a senior in a very strong class. And why LaMelo wasn’t even a top 20 player in one of the weakest recruiting classes in the modern era. 

Strongly disagree. The jumper is much better than Lonzo mechanically, and Lamelo is much better around the rim.

Lonzos biggest issue is he’s afraid to go to the rim and he can’t finish there. 

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You guys lost to the 8-23 Warriors without Steph and Klay while shooting 37% from the floor. Just take your #L and move on. Do not bring up the officials for ONE day. Just be happy there is no chance of getting knocked out of the playoffs by the Warriors this season....Next year though? Uh oh.................

I’ve never made a claim we lost last night because of the officials. We lost because we bricked open 3s all game. But my post still remains 

33 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Strongly disagree. The jumper is much better than Lonzo mechanically, and Lamelo is much better around the rim. 

Lonzo shot 41% from 3 and 79% at the rim at UCLA. 

Lamelo is shooting 25% from 3 and 37% from the field overall. LaMelo literally hasn’t shot that well at any level. And NBA guys were saying they’re worried about his efficiency and shot selection + not as high on him as the media is. 

17 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I still don’t know what the Rockets were thinking adding Westbrook. They really screwed that window up.

I don't disagree, but I also thought the same thing about signing Paul -- seemed pointless. But it turned out to be a great signing because it undeniably got them closer to a championship. The only thing is Paul is an injury risk and older. I'm guessing they applied same logic with Westbrook, who is really durable. Problem is Paul was at the right point in his career and just wanted to win. Westbrook is still trying to prove that he's the BMF across all species in history.

Edited by Mossburg

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

After yesterday’s game I don’t wanna hear anything about the officiating on Harden. Today isn’t that day.