NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I don't think he'll ever be great, being great is more than just the physical ability to do it. But I think he can hash out to being league average to above average which I think is still a superstar with how insanely gifted he is offensively.

He has super star potential YES. Many Super Stars aren't great on defense.. But as a Big Fan of basketball all I want for Zion is to be at "his" best, whatever that is.. So sad to see this right now IMO..

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

I definitely wanted MPJ for the NYKs, but truth is I also had higher expectations for Knox as well.. Sadly the Knicks are such a mess, I can't tell how much is on Knox or the franchise.

Even when he had more confidence as a rookie, he was unfathomably awful. He's legit bad at everything.

Just now, redsoxsuck05 said:

Even when he had more confidence as a rookie, he was unfathomably awful. He's legit bad at everything.

I thought he could at least be a plus on defense like Frank but he just came completely apart this year to the point where he was getting DNP's for dudes we signed off the street lol.

God what a terrible 10 years of drafting the Knicks have had, they've hit on one pick and he could not wait to get the hell out of here.

4 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I thought he could at least be a plus on defense like Frank but he just came completely apart this year to the point where he was getting DNP's for dudes we signed off the street lol.

God what a terrible 10 years of drafting the Knicks have had, they've hit on one pick and he could not wait to get the hell out of here.

He checks out on defense. That's been pretty consistent since college.

I still wish they'd just play him, Frank, and Mitch more than 20 mins a game (in absence of foul trouble). Instead we get to see some **** PG reclamation project like Burke, Mudiay, Payton, etc. Hell they already gave up on DSJ.

I get that our coaches can only tolerate so much cluelessness from these kids, but even thinking about Randle, Portis, Gibson, and Payton makes me gag.

Edited by redsoxsuck05

14 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

My Boston Celtic's Grant Williams, with similar size was also a college DPOY in his conference.. what you do in college does not always equate to the NBA.. Plus Zion received so much hype that It wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't nominated for the Noble Peace Prize..

Zion's lack of length and that type of body and weight  just make it unreasonable to think he could be a DPOY type of talent.... 

I think he has some limitations size and length wise but his athleticism makes up a nice part of what he may lack there. I  feel you don’t average 2 steals and almost 2 blocks a game without some good defensive traits.

I honestly think more than anything it’s a effort/conditioning thing. Just look at any of his Duke highlights. He was an energizer bunny defensive, flying all over the court for steals, help side blocks, ect. His energy and effort was his calling card. Now he barely gives an effort when he gets beat defensively.  Now I don’t know if he’ll ever become DPOY good but I do think he’ll become a very good defender with experience and once he finds his ideal weight/condition.

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

I think he has some limitations size and length wise but his athleticism makes up a nice part of what he may lack there. I  feel you don’t average 2 steals and almost 2 blocks a game without some good defensive traits.

I honestly think more than anything it’s a effort/conditioning thing. Just look at any of his Duke highlights. He was an energizer bunny defensive, flying all over the court for steals, help side blocks, ect. His energy and effort was his calling card. Now he barely gives an effort when he gets beat defensively.  Now I don’t know if he’ll ever become DPOY good but I do think he’ll become a very good defender with experience and once he finds his ideal weight/condition.

fair enough..

Meanwhile in games that are playoff level games for the Pels, Lonzo has been 2 for 13 (in a loss) 2 for 6 (loss) and 2 for 7, (in a win) with almost NO scoring in the 4th quarters of all 3 games..

How long of a leash should Lonzo be given in the Pelican's future?? Might he be better suited in a off the bench push it up tempo PG, rather than a starter??

Thoughts??

36 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I don't think he'll ever be great, being great is more than just the physical ability to do it. But I think he can hash out to being league average to above average which I think is still a superstar with how insanely gifted he is offensively.

Yeah, it is 100%. His net rating and on/off numbers are already insanely good. He gets into better shape and he plays more minutes, plays more games, gets quicker on defense, and he's an MVP level player.

12 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Meanwhile in games that are playoff level games for the Pels, Lonzo has been 2 for 13 (in a loss) 2 for 6 (loss) and 2 for 7, (in a win) with almost NO scoring in the 4th quarters of all 3 games..

How long of a leash should Lonzo be given in the Pelican's future?? Might he be better suited in a off the bench push it up tempo PG, rather than a starter??

Thoughts??

He will be allowed to walk if he asks for too much. Lonzo isn't a guy who is make or break for you. I'd love to keep him but it's gotta be at a good price point and most definitely not at 20m+ per year. He's a good piece for the future but the important part is that he's a supplemental piece to the star duo of Zion/BI, which makes him expendable if need be.