NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

Oof Dejounte Murray. Was such a huge fan of this guy, but I've been starting to sour on him this year. If he wasn't essential as a rebounder and defender in the Spurs current small ball lineup, I would consider bringing him off the bench. He just isn't a great fit with the other guys on the floor currently. Wonder if Pops would give this lineup a shot...

White/Murray
Walker/Mills
DeRozan/Johnson
Eubanks/Gay
Poeltl

15 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Meanwhile in games that are playoff level games for the Pels, Lonzo has been 2 for 13 (in a loss) 2 for 6 (loss) and 2 for 7, (in a win) with almost NO scoring in the 4th quarters of all 3 games..

How long of a leash should Lonzo be given in the Pelican's future?? Might he be better suited in a off the bench push it up tempo PG, rather than a starter??

Thoughts??

It’s 3 games, and he’s not being counted on for scoring. Really has no bearing on a long term plan. I also think people forget how young our core is, as if not winning now is somehow devastating

Edited by amac

23 minutes ago, amac said:

It’s 3 games, and he’s not being counted on for scoring. Really has no bearing on a long term plan. I also think people forget how young our core is, as if not winning now is somehow devastating

Agreed. I don't really see anything wrong with Lonzos play. He's been asked to pick up more of the scoring load with Zion being limited in his first few games. He's still a great ball handler and defender. I think with another year under their belts and continued development these guys should all get a lot better together. The primary problem I see with him and Jrue on the court at the same time is the lack of spacing on the floor (though Lonzo has worked hard on his jumper). If we could get a lengthy wing in the draft like Patrick Williams and Jrue was willing to come off the bench, just imagine how deep this team could be next year.

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Agreed. I don't really see anything wrong with Lonzos play. He's been asked to pick up more of the scoring load with Zion being limited in his first few games. He's still a great ball handler and defender. I think with another year under their belts and continued development these guys should all get a lot better together. The primary problem I see with him and Jrue on the court at the same time is the lack of spacing on the floor (though Lonzo has worked hard on his jumper). If we could get a lengthy wing in the draft like Patrick Williams and Jrue was willing to come off the bench, just imagine how deep this team could be next year.

Being too deep may be counter productive unless everyone buys into their roles.. Very hard when the team has a lot of young talents trying to prove themselves..

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

Being too deep may be counter productive unless everyone buys into their roles.. Very hard when the team has a lot of young talents trying to prove themselves..

I think thats exactly why Lonzo is a good fit. He looks to pass first and play defense. His 3 pointer is coming along nicely. If he can become a PG who pushes the pace, plays defense and shoots 6-7 3 a game at a 38% clip he's the perfect fit next to Zion/Ingram.