NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

40 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

MPJ back to back 30 pt gms...

If Murray/Barton/Harris come back healthy... 👀

It'd be hard for me to see them beating both the Clippers and Lakers back to back. And then even if they did they'd still have the Finals. So I don't see them winning it all yet, but I think they can pull off a big upset.

Lakers offense has been straight trash for the most part during these bubble games. Can't buy one from down town. 

Congrats @champ11. Your team finally has THAT dude from the perimeter. Going to be a tough out for any team in the playoffs. How do you feel about the Clippers match up? 

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lakers offense has been straight trash for the most part during these bubble games. Can't buy one from down town. 

Congrats @champ11. Your team finally has THAT dude from the perimeter. Going to be a tough out for any team in the playoffs. How do you feel about the Clippers match up? 

Perfect fit with Jokic. Unreal stuff boys. Buckets are easy for him. The 37 and 30 were LIGHT and that’s without our 3 top guards contributing on offense. 

I like the clippers matchup a bit more than the Lakers one because they have no answer for Jokic. I think both are tough. But our ceiling with MPJ in the mix is much higher. Obviously 

30 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Perfect fit with Jokic. Unreal stuff boys. Buckets are easy for him. The 37 and 30 were LIGHT and that’s without our 3 top guards contributing on offense. 

I like the clippers matchup a bit more than the Lakers one because they have no answer for Jokic. I think both are tough. But our ceiling with MPJ in the mix is much higher. Obviously 

Tbh I like the Lakers matchup more for you guys. Kawhi/PG will put the clamps on MPJ and I think him being the new revelation is what is elevating you guys. Vs the Lakers I think Jokic/AD will equal each other's production and MPJ will be allowed to feast more in that matchup. No one to match LeBron but you don't have to because the rest of your team is much better. 

That's all moot though since you're guaranteed to get the Clips. 

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

Even with you, the biggest Denver fan on here (I believe) I remember having a discussion about MPJ and his role. I had stated once healthy throw his azz i the lineup, and I believe you didn't want to mess with the starters chemistry (something along hose lines).. But great talent needed to be played to develop... Funny how it took an injury or 2 to allow MPJ to get his chance... 

Now I get to Pat myself on the back and you get to enjoy a multiple star lineup... 

*remember the trade offer someone made for Beal.. It was like Murray PLUS MPJ.. LOL at the trade now..

19 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Even with you, the biggest Denver fan on here (I believe) I remember having a discussion about MPJ and his role. I had stated once healthy throw his azz i the lineup, and I believe you didn't want to mess with the starters chemistry (something along hose lines).. But great talent needed to be played to develop... Funny how it took an injury or 2 to allow MPJ to get his chance... 

Now I get to Pat myself on the back and you get to enjoy a multiple star lineup... 

*remember the trade offer someone made for Beal.. It was like Murray PLUS MPJ.. LOL at the trade now..

Lmao fair, but all year I was kind of defending Malone about it because we needed MPJ to play smart ball and fit in. But I think the goal always should have been to have MPJ ready for the playoffs, which I think he was on pace to do. MPJ was getting a lot of minutes in January before he rolled his ankle. This is one of those things where I think Malone's coaching has had a big impact - but maybe MPJ would have been ballin like this from the start. We can't really know - but either way he is ready to contribute for the playoffs which is always what was important. But you are right, end of the day you need minutes.