NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

2 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

I don't think this game is necessarily indicative of anything because it's just that bad of an outlier, but still, I think this game really helps to show why the Celts needed to get that top 3 seed instead of Miami. The top 3-4 in the East all matchup with each other very well in their own ways. The Bucks matchup well vs the Celtics, but the Celtics match up well with the Raptors, who match up well with the Bucks (probably not well enough without Kawhi imo, but then you could just say the Raps matchup well with the Heat who match up well with the Bucks.) 

Toronto is a way easier 2nd round series than Milwaukee for the Celtics. That one's kind of a 50/50 to me.

Matchups do matter and I do believe this is a very good post

I've also stated that when the Celtics play at their peak they can beat anyone they've played extremely well against the clippers and the lakers this year. Just  There inconsistencies   Call Lee because they had some injuries on a team that has nobody to consistent coming off the bench besides Marcus smart not a we are healthy and Brad Stevens caught the rotation we can beat anyone. Still worried about one key player getting hurt and a backup not being able to step up

Edited by resilient part 2

I’m done with this. While this is definitely a huge outlier in terms of overall performance there were some hidden issues with this team Pascal and the bench mainly that I’ve sorta just thought would work themselves out but still haven’t since the return. We can definitely beat the Celtics in a seven game series but we need to be on our usual games like nothing hit and it was truly a pathetic shooting night. We made a couple of runs where it looked like okay here we go we have a game and then Boston immediately countered. It was sickening to watch. All the credit in the world to Boston I really have nothing else to say. 

8 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

I don’t think we could have played any worse. I didn’t think we could play this bad fully healthy. 

One thing I will say is, I would rather have Boston win a close game (though starters would not have gotten any rest) Boston has a tendency to play too relaxed and over confident after a game like this..

They did smack The Bucks after one game in which Paul Pierce gave his infamous "this series is over quote" then Boston lost 4 straight...

But damn feels better to be on this side of the score..

I mean idk part of me wants to just write this game off like this was worse than what I thought worst case scenario was. Like if we meet in round two which seems likely at this point I can’t imagine our worst game is even close to this but man I wanted to see something at some point tonight especially with the bench it wasn’t that long ago they were matching or outplaying the other teams starters but it’s been bad since the return. Like we took our foot off the peddle in the other these games but kinda got it going again just not at any point tonight. 

3 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

I mean idk part of me wants to just write this game off like this was worse than what I thought worst case scenario was. Like if we meet in round two which seems likely at this point I can’t imagine our worst game is even close to this but man I wanted to see something at some point tonight especially with the bench it wasn’t that long ago they were matching or outplaying the other teams starters but it’s been bad since the return. Like we took our foot off the peddle in the other these games but kinda got it going again just not at any point tonight. 

I could be wrong as I don't regularly watch Tor.. But doesn't their defense fuel their offense??? If they had trouble on that end, I would think the offense would suffer.. 

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I could be wrong as I don't regularly watch Tor.. But doesn't their defense fuel their offense??? If they had trouble on that end, I would think the offense would suffer.. 

More or less I guess. But there are nights where we look flat out unstoppable on offense. A lot of those Lowry and FVV 3’s just go in Serge sometimes gets hot but is inconsistent same with Pascal usually he brings something to the table if he goes 1/5 from 3 he may go 4/5 the next game. Powell was looking like DWade with a three point shot before the restart. Lowry with a big game against the Lakers and FVV with a big game against the Heat and that’s been it. 

33 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

I do love how a relatively meaningless “regular” season game can still absolutely ruin my night. Defending champions and having a better record after losing our best player and I still feel this. 

dude , easy answer.. you, a Toronto fan, really want success for a team that lost it's "savior" best player etc,, who left you without getting a chance to repeat (would have been heavy favorites IMO).. and SHOW everyone that it wasn't all about Kawhi...

** normal human response IMO..