NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

I guess the question is...where is the line? When is it okay to start again, whether continuing this season or next? Hundreds of years of racial prejudice and oppression isn't going away in 6 months.

I'm not saying they are making the wrong decision by sitting out, far from it in fact. Just as a basketball fan I want to watch and was just speculating when they might start again.

Edited by seminoles1
2nd paragraph

7 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I guess the question is...where is the line? When is it okay to start again, whether continuing this season or next? Hundreds of years of racial prejudice and oppression isn't going away in 6 months.

I'm not saying they are making the wrong decision by sitting out, far from it in fact. Just as a basketball fan I want to watch and was just speculating when they might start again.

Play it by ear and try and use the influence that they have to do what they can, there's no real timetable to it.

Wildcat strikes are unpredictable for that reason, maybe they play next year, but maybe there's yet more incredible violence and people finally have enough and say "we won't work until this stops and we change society".

No idea. Could be next season (probably just cause you need money to live in society) could be longer (cause a lot of them are fairly financially secure and have a strong union).

Edited by Thelonebillsfan

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This is going to be one of the biggest protests in the history of sports. 

It’s crazy that this movement could end up being the greatest positive that comes from COVID-19.

Edited by candyman93

43 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

That’s my question. And to be honest it’s not their fault. It’s a product of what society is whereby it’s hard to sustain momentum because of how people’s attention just wane. 

8 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

That’s my question. And to be honest it’s not their fault. It’s a product of what society is whereby it’s hard to sustain momentum because of how people’s attention just wane. 

Also you'll note that nowhere is this being called what it is.

A strike.