Raiders LB Vontaze Burfiict suspended for season

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, Slateman said:

He can't play anymore. I'm not commenting on his character, I'm not commenting on his ability. I'm saying that we have categorical evidence that he is incapable of playing this game in a safe manner. 

This is where I’m at tbh.

It’s not aggressive play at this point, it’s targeting the head with intent to injure.

If the NFL cares one bit about safety, he’s done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This is where I’m at tbh.

It’s not aggressive play at this point, it’s targeting the head with intent to injure.

If the NFL cares one bit about safety, he’s done.

Even if it's not with intent, it's consistently happening. 

And honestly, you may have to do this just to protect him. If the NFL won't step in and handle this, the players will. It wouldn't take much for a player to come in and swipe out his knee or bend an arm a bit too far. 

1 minute ago, Slateman said:

Even if it's not with intent, it's consistently happening. 

I guess my point would be there’s no way there are this many accidental collisions like this. 

He launched head first at the head of a dude who was more or less sitting on the turf.

1 minute ago, Slateman said:

And honestly, you may have to do this just to protect him. If the NFL won't step in and handle this, the players will. It wouldn't take much for a player to come in and swipe out his knee or bend an arm a bit too far. 

Eh, if it hasn’t happened yet..

A player who had all the talent to be a generational player but has always been dirty, lazy, and a detriment to those around him.

I still remember when he was projected to go #1 overall and then got incredibly fat his junior year, got hurt a ton or suspended a ton, and couldn't even run at the combine. He was a filthy player even in college, he headhunted in his last year at AZ State.

He clearly has no interest in playing this game with regards to the rules, conduct, or the safety of the players he plays against and plays with. He has shown a repeated and blatant disregard for and outright contempt for the game itself, and he has endangered the well being and mental state of those he plays against with his dirty play time and time again.

He should never be allowed back on an NFL football field.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan
  • Like 5