Raiders LB Vontaze Burfiict suspended for season

RaidersAreOne

He earned this suspension, I’m not sure I can recall a more blatant hit. Don’t get me wrong, there have certainly been more violent hits, but there’s just no questioning his intention here. Doyle has a knee down, literally all he needs to do is touch him down. To lower the crown of his helmet and lead straight into Doyle is just clear confirmation that the guy is incapable of learning.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

It was a bad hit but certainly not season long suspension worthy. 

If this was his first issue I’d completely agree with you, but he does this every year.

At some point the NFL is responsible if someone gets hurt by his actions.

I get he’s on your team and he’s good, but he earned this one imo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

NFL did the season cause we suck. A good team would have gotten eight games. 

He’ll appeal and probably get 12 though. It was a bad hit but certainly not season long suspension worthy. 

He's getting a full season because this is the latest in a string of disciplinary action (the most in league history) and his 4th suspension. He should feel lucky he isn't suspended indefinitely. 

• Like 2

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If this was his first issue I’d completely agree with you, but he does this every year.

At some point the NFL is responsible if someone gets hurt by his actions.

I get he’s on your team and he’s good, but he earned this one imo.

Has nothing to do with my team as I know we are going 5-11 regardless, but it did make me afraid to comment for people assuming that though. 

Bad hit, yes. Season Long Suspension is an utter joke though. They are acting like this is the AB hit and they are not even in the same realm. 

Has nothing to do with my team as I know we are going 5-11 regardless, but it did make me afraid to comment for people assuming that though. 

That’s fair, didn’t mean to assume.

Bad hit, yes. Season Long Suspension is an utter joke though. They are acting like this is the AB hit and they are not even in the same realm. 

Again, it’s not based on this one hit though but rather an establish pattern. 

The issue isn’t so much the hit (although it was absurd and unnecessary) as much as it is his complete unwillingness to alter his play style.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Bad hit, yes. Season Long Suspension is an utter joke though. They are acting like this is the AB hit and they are not even in the same realm

I think you're focusing on the individual hit, and not that it's the fourth time he's done something such as this.

It's like a speeding ticket. First one, I can probably take defensive driving, pay a fine, pay costs and be done with it. Fourth time? My license is getting suspended for a very long time because my behavior is now habitual in nature.

Burfict is a habitual head hunter. So, he's getting his license suspended.

• Like 3

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That’s fair, didn’t mean to assume.

Again, it’s not based on this one hit though but rather an establish pattern. 

The issue isn’t so much the hit (although it was absurd and unnecessary) as much as it is his complete unwillingness to alter his play style.

I’d say at least one-third of NFL Linebackers get into at least one helmet to helmet hit per year. Are we saying Burfict had to be completely penalty free in that area? This is a gross over reaction by the NFL and only done to flex their buttercup brand. Can’t hate on them for protecting their brand, legit reaching trillion dollar business at some point, but Burfict was a marked man.