Raiders LB Vontaze Burfiict suspended for season

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Barnett took a running start and hit a stationary target, whose head had no place to go to reduce some of the impact of the hit.    

Did you even watch the play?

The dude was still up and trying to fight for yards when the whistle was blown until a fraction of a second before Barnett took his last step. There was no way Barnett could have stopped his momentum by the time the whistle blew. 

Edited by Danger

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Did you even watch the play?

The dude was still up and trying to fight for yards when the whistle was blown until a fraction of a second before Barnett took his last step. There was no way Barnett could have stopped his momentum by the time the whistle blew. 

Did you watch the play?  The other three had stopped him, were pushing him back, the whistle blew and Barnett still hit him in the head.

And if you don't understand how holding his head in place against the others' bodies impacts the result, try lighting a firecracker in both hands, but leave one hand open while closing your fist around the other.  

1 minute ago, INbengalfan said:

I don't know how licence suspensions work where you live, but you absolutely can have your license suspended for accumulating speeding tickets.

Up here in the great white north we don't have licenses. We don't even have cars. You get to choose between a polar bear and a moose at age 7.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Up here in the great white north we don't have licenses. We don't even have cars. You get to choose between a polar bear and a moose at age 7.

You can’t not tell us which you chose.

I’d have went moose for sure.  I feel like the antlers would provide all kinds of options for storage/tie down points.  Super utilitarian.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I don't know how licence suspensions work where you live, but you absolutely can have your license suspended for accumulating speeding tickets.

Your license can't get suspended... if you don't have one to begin with.

tenor.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

MER280467.png

Burfict has surpassed him at this point, but Meriweather was headhunting his entire career.

I completely endorse this. Anyone who ever watched him play, tbh, I actually think he was worse than Burfict. Burfict is just a bonehead that plays violent, doesnt pay attention to what he is doing, occassionally plays dirty (I'm saying I don't think all of his hits were intentional).

Merriweather had one goal, to kill someone 

53 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

NFL did the season cause we suck. A good team would have gotten eight games. 

He’ll appeal and probably get 12 though. It was a bad hit but certainly not season long suspension worthy. 

The hit in itself, no.  The hit given the litany of suspensions and fines on his rap sheet and the nature of the offenses for which they were given - yeah, sorry, but that's absolutely deserving of a season-long suspension.

When you're a multi-time repeat offender, there should be no expectation of an automatic reduction simply for appealing to an independent arbiter.  He's been disciplined for this before and still offended, he can't claim that he didn't know the scope of the rules.