Raiders LB Vontaze Burfiict suspended for season

RaidersAreOne

I saw a video that showed Burfict in last week's game vs. the Vikings.  He made a tackle and then tried punching the Vikings player in the face.  I thought that would have caused more controversy than it did at the time.  As others have said, the guy is just a dirty player.  It's probably not a bad thing that he got suspended for the season.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If the NFL cares one bit about safety, he’s done.

If they NFL cared one bit about safety, there wouldn’t be Thursday Night Football so they DONT! Lip service...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, viper952 said:

LOL at making Burfict captain of the defense

He played in this exact system under the same DC for 6 years, plays the position most common for calling plays on D and has always been a vocal leader. Of course he was going to be one of the defensive captains. 

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No argument from me, I’ve said the same thing for years.

I’ve decided to boycott Thursday Night Football except for Thanksgiving Day. I hadn’t watched any this season because it’s usually an inferior product but it’s obvious they don’t care about players safety with games EVERY Thursday. It use to feel ‘special’ around Thanksgiving like a gift but now it feels like gruel being poured down my throat while my eyes are being forced open like in A Clockwork Orange. So I won’t watch it. I’m not enough to hurt their bottom line but if enough people stopped watching then TV might realize that Thursday product is garbage (and international regular season games) and bid accordingly. It’s not even the “B” side of the record. The players just aren’t rested and that puts them at risk. 

• Like 2