Raiders LB Vontaze Burfiict suspended for season

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Gruden went all in, signing extremely talented headcases in Brown and Burfict...neither of which could last a quarter of a season.

You can't fix stupid.

It was a hit and miss off season for sure.

Trent Brown has been remarkable, Incognito has been good since coming off the suspension, Williams has had a TD every week thus far, Joyner had a rough start but played good last week. Crowell unfortuantely blew out his leg early. AB was a massive bust. Burfict looked awesome before deciding to decapitate people again.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Aussie9er said:

If he hasn't learnt before now his never going to. So good move nfl making sure his done for the year.

This. The NFL needs to stop trying to make Vontaze Birthdefect happen, it's not gonna happen.

If he hasn't learned from all his other umpteenth suspensions, he won't now.

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Gruden went all in, signing extremely talented headcases in Brown and Burfict...neither of which could last a quarter of a season.

You can't fix stupid.

I wouldn't categorize Burfict as "extremely talented" like one would with AB. But yeah, you could see fire burning from miles away with the two signings. Maybe Gruden just REALLY wanted the nod for hardnocks lol. 

14 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

I wouldn't categorize Burfict as "extremely talented" like one would with AB. But yeah, you could see fire burning from miles away with the two signings. Maybe Gruden just REALLY wanted the nod for hardnocks lol. 

Burfict at his best was one of the top 43 LBs in the league.  If not for him being a complete POS, he could've potentially been a HOF LB, or at least a very well respected one.

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

You can't fix stupid.

I wouldn't say Gruden deserves praise, but I don't see how either constitutes all in considering both are off the books completely for next year onward... Our team has actually gotten substantially younger and the young guys are getting substantial PT so the "all in on vets" mentality doesn't hold up. Burfict actually hasn't been a head case. By all accounts he's been a leader/mentor in the offseason.

People made the same narrative up for Incognito and I haven't heard a peep out of him. By all accounts, he's been a model citizen.

AB... well yeah, no need to defend that idiot.

It's like, if the Burfict signing "doesn't work out", it's like "wow gruden is garbage". But Waller is playing like a top 5 TE and Gruden had him signed off another team's practice squad and I haven't seen a single post praising Gruden for finding/singling out Waller.

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If you watch this hit, I can understand roughness, but an in game or season suspension is ridiculous. Seriously, there were easily 5 hits that were way more dangerous/dirty this week alone. Doyle himself said he didn't think it was bad...

Well, do you think the actions of first-time offenders and career offenders should be treated equally? 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Well, do you think the actions of first-time offenders and career offenders should be treated equally? 

Of course not. But some of those hits I'm referring to weren't even called for roughness... That's my point. 0 consistency in officiating. They saw burfict go for a big hit and immediately flagged it as targeting. This was not even close to a dirty play though. He has in the past, but this wasn't it.

45 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I wouldn't say Gruden deserves praise, but I don't see how either constitutes all in considering both are off the books completely for next year onward... Our team has actually gotten substantially younger and the young guys are getting substantial PT so the "all in on vets" mentality doesn't hold up. Burfict actually hasn't been a head case. By all accounts he's been a leader/mentor in the offseason.

People made the same narrative up for Incognito and I haven't heard a peep out of him. By all accounts, he's been a model citizen.

AB... well yeah, no need to defend that idiot.

It's like, if the Burfict signing "doesn't work out", it's like "wow gruden is garbage". But Waller is playing like a top 5 TE and Gruden had him signed off another team's practice squad and I haven't seen a single post praising Gruden for finding/singling out Waller.

Never said Gruden was garbage, but he took on two of the most controversial players in the league, knowing full well what he was getting into, and neither made it four games into the season.

My comment was more about those two being idiots beyond redemption, but Gruden still made his own bed with the issues he had with those two jagoffs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Burfict at his best was one of the top 43 LBs in the league.  If not for him being a complete POS, he could've potentially been a HOF LB, or at least a very well respected one.

I'm not gonna knit pick here but I was assuming you meant presently, not past tense. Regardless, I'm just glad his dumb arse is suspended for the season!

Just now, ReadyToThump said:

I'm not gonna knit pick here but I was assuming you meant presently, not past tense. Regardless, I'm just glad his dumb arse is suspended for the season!

I meant just in general, he had a ton of Talent. Even now he had the potential to be a very good linebacker, and was playing well for the Raiders.

His idiocy tarnished him as a prospect coming out of college, and ultimately his entire NFL career.

• Like 1

We also have Incognito and he would be the guy I would have expected to have something ‘bad’ happen. Still have 12 games so...:ph34r:

There were some of us that weren’t thrilled about those guys. I thought we were rebuilding so AB and Trent Brown didn’t make sense to me as we didn’t want to pay Mack?!? So Gruden didn’t like the team tanking when he destroyed the team chemistry (maybe why Ramsey is still there) and said ‘win now’ with the Browns but AB had plans of his own. 

I think Burfict will end up 4 games tops and probably get ejected/suspended again, especially if our season is over. He’ll want to make a statement and be remembered. That hit all will know is intentional and look Theisman bad...He’ll be aiming low per the rules and even if legal he’ll get ejected because it will be violent.