Vontaze Burfiict suspended for season; Suspension upheld

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

It ain't just that hit though. If a player hit waller like that and ended his season. Yall would want that player banned. Let's just be real here. 

hell no I wouldn't. Now if their most important hit Waller and it ended his season (which is so extreme seeing how Doyle didn't even leave the game) I would be happy he was out the rest of the game but. The league is getting so Charmin Soft its disgusting. That hit called for a Penalty and nothing more. 

Soft a** league.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

It ain't just that hit though. If a player hit waller like that and ended his season. Yall would want that player banned. Let's just be real here. 

No I would not.  Players get hurt all the time but for a suspension you have to be able to decern some type of intent.  If a player was to spear a QBs knees then I would say that is a huge suspension but for that hit is BS.  That was a football act within the game but a dangerous one because Burfict is trying to get low and drops his head in the process.  Anybody who says he needed to two hand touch him or should lower his center of gravity without lowering his head has never tried to squat before.  Trying to lower the body causes the head to start to dip naturally.  You have to consciously engage muscles all down you back to keep you head up.  You can do it but after years of not doing it takes time to correct.  Because of Burficts past if they wanted a 2 game suspension with the first being the ejection I will not argue because of his past but for a year long suspension when you can watch any game and see a similar hit every game is BS.  Watch the play and Joyner delivers a similar hit on the same play.

• Like 1