Vontaze Burfiict suspended for season; Suspension upheld

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Doyle was not down.  He had already got off the ground.  He did not have his legs under him yet.  Is Barnett going to get a 4 game suspension now for his hit?  I would think that is BS also.  The last time he got suspended was 2 years ago.  People are acting like he does this on a weekly basis.  It was a dangerous hit but during a play where the opposing player is still trying to gain ground. The Barnett hit was after the whistle, Williams had given himself up, and had been driven back 3 yards.

We are not defending Burfict's hit as clean.  It was dangerous but a 12 game suspension for an in game hit that would not have been flagged if he held his head 3 inches higher is outrageous.

He didnt get 12 games for that hit alone though. If he did you would be right. 

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

It ain't just that hit though. If a player hit waller like that and ended his season. Yall would want that player banned. Let's just be real here. 

I wouldn't because i didn't even knew you could be suspended for playing football. I understand PED, drugs or all the off field stuffs but suspended for a full season for delivering an "illegal" hit? That sounds a bit too extreme. Especially when guys like Tyreek Hill are allowed to keep playing.

10 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I wouldn't because i didn't even knew you could be suspended for playing football. I understand PED, drugs or all the off field stuffs but suspended for a full season for delivering an "illegal" hit? That sounds a bit too extreme. Especially when guys like Tyreek Hill are allowed to keep playing.

I really hate this view point. This guy is trash so this other trash guy should be able to play to. You want hill off the field. Tell his baby mother not to be trash also, so they can actually get something on him. The capitals have a dude who just got out of rehab for cocaine. While his teammate got 15 games for a hit. It ain't just football. The rules are the rules. 

Vontaze blatantly choose to ignore them. How long you going to let the same guy try to end careers. The league didnt want to do this. This safety stuff came from ex players suing the league. Moms not wanting sons off the field. What do yall want the league to do exactly. Make all players sign a waiver saying if you get cte it ain't the league's problem and we dont got to pay you for it. 

Edited by dante9876

3 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

I really hate this view point. This guy is trash so this other trash guy should be able to play to.

That's not what i'm saying. If you're going to come down hard on players for not playing cleanly, you better go hard after those who act like fools off the field. And what i don't agree with in this case is the length of the suspension. This is a bit too much for a football play.

2 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

That's not what i'm saying. If you're going to come down hard on players for not playing cleanly, you better go hard after those who act like fools off the field. And what i don't agree with in this case is the length of the suspension. This is a bit too much for a football play.

But they have been trying to hold players to a higher standard. I though hill was done when I first heard the audio. But after some research , there is no way u can suspend him for that. They cant just start suspending every player who lady records him when he mad. Now if your stance is if you broke a law or have a domestic violence charge ever in your life, you shouldnt be able to play. Than I just disagree with you. 

The hit/intent looks worse in slow-mo than it does in real-time, but the NFL is gonna go after the boogeyman and call it a day instead of addressing everyone else too.

Didn't want him signed for this exact possibility. Hopefully this team starts caring about drafting Linebackers now