Week 5: VIKINGS (2-2) at Giants (2-2)

swede700

2 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

Well if they’re winning there’d be nothing to say. They’re supposed to beat bad teams though.  

As long as you aren't hoping to for a missed feel goal or giving up the touchdown to the lose the game is all I'm saying. Criticizing them is fine. Constantly hoping for a high draft gets old especially if it's on game day

• Like 1

Suddenly, what once looked like an easy win a month ago, a game with the Giants is looking very different.  The Vikings get to look at two weeks of Daniel Jones film to get ready.  It's a game that I HOPE will still be in the win column

I have a good feeling about the game agains the Giants. The Vikings offense will be able to cook up a successful game plan against the Giants. The defense should be able to take the ball away from the Giants a couple times.

Cousins is decent when he has plenty time. The Giants offensive line is a bit more than the current Vikings offensive line can handle in pass protection but the Vikings should be able to run to set up the pass. By doing that, the Vikings offensive line should be able to give Cousins enough time.

• Like 1

as bad as we played against chicago, i wouldn't be worried about the vikings season-long if it weren't for the rest of our division being to tough. green bay with a strong defense is scary, the bears are still dominating defensively and the lions now seem like a well-rounded team. i wouldn't be surprised if all three teams were in the top 10-12 in DVOA after the numbers come out this week. 

with how hard it will be to come by division wins, games like this week's against the giants are pretty critical. playing a rookie QB without their best (only?) weapon leaves our defense little excuse not to dominate. we'll see what happens with our offense...

1 hour ago, whitehops said:

with how hard it will be to come by division wins, games like this week's against the giants are pretty critical. playing a rookie QB without their best (only?) weapon leaves our defense little excuse not to dominate. we'll see what happens with our offense...

Iirc, the Giants get Golden Tate back from suspension this week. So, Barkley would still be their best weapon on offense but no longer is he their only weapon. I hope the Vikings have Waynes on Tate because sure tackling is important when Tate has the ball given Tate's propensity to gain plenty yards after the catch owing to his ability to get away from defenders.

• Like 1

Just now, Cearbhall said:

Iirc, the Giants get Golden Tate back from suspension this week. So, Barkley would still be their best weapon on offense but no longer is he their only weapon. I hope the Vikings have Waynes on Tate because sure tackling is important when Tate has the ball given Tate's propensity to gain plenty yards after the catch owing to his ability to get away from defenders.

You are right, Tate comes back this week. We'll see how he looks in his first action back. Hopefully it at least takes him a game to knock off the rust. 

15 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

oh yeah, forgot about that. so between tate, shepard and engram, jones should have some decent targets to throw to.