Week 5 GDT: Bills vs. Titans

KingTitan

Image result for ricky bobby prayer gif

Dear Sweet Baby Jesus, Oprah and Tom Cruise the Holy Trinity. 

We thank you for the bounty that was 2 WRs catching more than 50 yards in a game. 

This week we come you humbly. We ask that you destroy the ghost of Nick Williams and allow WRs to catch passes dropped in their hands. Protect us from the evil ones that are Bills fans.
We know that you can do miracles. Music City Miracles to be exact.

And allow this offense to score more than a young couple on their wedding night.

Love ya 😘

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I'm not confident about this game at all.  That Bills defense is nasty.

Ours is good too, but damn.  What they just did to Brady is giving me nightmares, even with Lewan coming back.

Exactly.  Imagine the forum/fanbase next week if Mariota finishes with 9 points, 150 yds passing, no TD's, one INT and 3.8 YPA.

Yet that's what this defense just allowed to the GOAT.  It's gonna be tough sledding this week!

Not to take anything away from Buffalo’s defense, they are clearly very good, but at the same time division games can be wonky and Brady isn’t as good when he’s on the road.

If Mariota can’t put up something to the tune of 68%, 175 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT (Sam Darnold’s statline against them from week 1) in a winning effort while also passing the eye test then I will be disappointed. He needs to prove he can atleast be that for us on Sunday’s against good defenses imo.

Edit: sorry thought I posted this in the Mariota thread, but I’ll leave it since it has to do with Buffalo too.

Edited by dtait93

I'm interested in seeing what changes are made with Lewan back. I suspect we might still be seeing help at the line, keeping a TE or Quessenberry Kelly at RTE so Conklin can cheat inside to help the RG. But now that we only have 1 real hole on the line instead of 2, should be better off. Here's hoping Smith can take advantage of it.

Edit: I'm an idiot

Edited by TitanLegend

17 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I'm interested in seeing what changes are made with Lewan back. I suspect we might still be seeing help at the line, keeping a TE or Quessenberry at RTE so Conklin can cheat inside to help the RG. But now that we only have 1 real hole on the line instead of 2, should be better off. Here's hoping Smith can take advantage of it.

Highly doubt Quessenberry is on this team going forward. Titans have to make a move in the coming days for the Lewan return and I would guess that Quessenberry would be the odd man out. Kelly would be the swing OT again.

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Highly doubt Quessenberry is on this team going forward. Titans have to make a move in the coming days for the Lewan return and I would guess that Quessenberry would be the odd man out. Kelly would be the swing OT again.

Yeah, that's a brain fart on my behalf. Can just replace Quessenberry with Kelly in my post. Dunno why Kelly slipped my mind like that.

34 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I'm interested in seeing what changes are made with Lewan back. I suspect we might still be seeing help at the line, keeping a TE or Quessenberry Kelly at RTE so Conklin can cheat inside to help the RG. But now that we only have 1 real hole on the line instead of 2, should be better off. Here's hoping Smith can take advantage of it.

Edit: I'm an idiot

15 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I don't know that it's immediately Quessenberry.  If the Titans like him more, I could see Aaron Stinnie as being the cut.  With Davis back, they don't need as many guards, so they may prefer Q as an option for heavy tight end over a dedicated interior OL.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I don't know that it's immediately Quessenberry.  If the Titans like him more, I could see Aaron Stinnie as being the cut.  With Davis back, they don't need as many guards, so they may prefer Q as an option for heavy tight end over a dedicated interior OL.

Pretty sure Stinnie is on the PS so he has no bearing on the active roster. 

Edit: He is on the active roster so I’m sure they’ll want him back on the PS. Quessenberry may survive but he’ll be inactive. No way they keep more than 7 active if Pamphile, Davis, and Lewan are good to go. 

Edited by ttitansfan4life