Week 5 GDT: Bills vs. Titans

KingTitan

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

He said it was out best 5. He never said our best 5 were any good. Basically, you can try any combinations you want, he doesn't think it's getting any better. Changing things up is change for the sake of change, it doesn't mean it's realistically going to get any better.

I think our best 5 is basically what we have with Pamphile at RG. Saffold needs to play up to his expectations.

It’s not for the sake of change though, it’s for the sake of saving our season. Not even trying anything else just because you don’t think it can get any better is just flat out dumb when you have Pamphile, who was supposed to the starter from the beginning, and Kelly, who has experience all over the o-line. It’s just flat out idiotic to me that he doesn’t think either of those 2 guys can do better than a rookie that’s getting fisted up the ***.

6 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

It’s not for the sake of change though, it’s for the sake of saving our season. Not even trying anything else just because you don’t think it can get any better is just flat out dumb when you have Pamphile, who was supposed to the starter from the beginning, and Kelly, who has experience all over the o-line. It’s just flat out idiotic to me that he doesn’t think either of those 2 guys can do better than a rookie that’s getting fisted up the ***.

Pamphile is still injured isn't he? Kelly hasn't practiced at OG in however long so who knows how he would fair.

19 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Pamphile is still injured isn't he? Kelly hasn't practiced at OG in however long so who knows how he would fair.

He was apparently almost ready to suit up last week. 

Either way, if we assume Beddingfield is right just because he watches more tape than you and I, he said Conklin could move inside and be a solid guard which is better than what we’re getting out of Davis. If that is true then it needs to happen if he doesn’t think Pamphile or Kelly can be better than Davis. Kelly at RT is not nearly a problem like Davis at RG is.

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

He was apparently almost ready to suit up last week. 

Either way, if we assume Beddingfield is right just because he watches more tape than you and I, he said Conklin could move inside and be a solid guard which is better than what we’re getting out of Davis. If that is true then it needs to happen if he doesn’t think Pamphile or Kelly can be better than Davis. Kelly at RT is not nearly a problem like Davis at RG is.

He also mentions that you're just moving the problem as then you have to help Kelly at RT a lot more than you did Conklin. Also, expecting Conklin to be a huge improvement next week at RG when he has never practiced there in the NFL is unrealistic.

We've seen two games of Davis. One he was fine and another he wasn't. I don't think the coaching staff has the 1 game leashes that fans do. If he does continue to perform poorly they'll likely replace him with Pamphile when he's good to go, if not this week.

Cossell agreed that the sack that made the first FG longer was on Mariota holding it too long. That one play people blamed on him and people complained about for 5 pages saying everything is Mariota's fault.

PFF put Mariota at fault for 3 of the sacks.. That's more than I even suggested.

Edited by TitanSS

21 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Cossell agreed that the sack that made the first FG longer was on Mariota holding it too long. That one play people blamed on him and people complained about for 5 pages saying everything is Mariota's fault.

PFF put Mariota at fault for 3 of the sacks.. That's more than I even suggested.

I personally don't even care anymore. He is at fault. Line is at fault. WRs are at fault. Coaches are at fault. 

It has just been beat to death. His every snap is overanalyzed. 

Fairly or unfairly. 

Just me personally am tired of it. 

Feels useless and hopeless at same time. 

Either he is going to be gone or re-signed and this keeps going for another season. 

It's almost where I hope he doesn't just to avoid another season of blame game after every loss. 

Barring injury he is going to likely have a very solid to good statistical year. We will get someone next year who likely will give us half of that and we will be looking like Mularkey/Vrabel just the coaching version. 

.lol. I know this really has nothing to do with your post. But just needed to unload those thoughts. Lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I personally don't even care anymore. He is at fault. Line is at fault. WRs are at fault. Coaches are at fault. 

It has just been beat to death. His every snap is overanalyzed. 

Fairly or unfairly. 

Just me personally am tired of it. 

Feels useless and hopeless at same time. 

Either he is going to be gone or re-signed and this keeps going for another season. 

It's almost where I hope he doesn't just to avoid another season of blame game after every loss. 

Barring injury he is going to likely have a very solid to good statistical year. We will get someone next year who likely will give us half of that and we will be looking like Mularkey/Vrabel just the coaching version. 

.lol. I know this really has nothing to do with your post. But just needed to unload those thoughts. Lol 

His every snap wasn't over-anyalzed this past week though. He rarely had any negative things said about him and then someone points out he can't take that sack and then suddenly half the forum was saying people blame him for everything.

Haha I know you weren't targeting me specifically, but some people try to make it as being either for or against him like you have to choose a side and only agree with comments that support that side, which is crazy. 

I am for finding another QB. I also believe he played well enough to win Sunday and the OL, drops, and kicker let him down.

If he continues to not turn the ball over, something which he's been very lucky with (fumbles and passes that should have been picked), I wouldn't be against bringing him back and sitting a rookie a year.

13 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I thought I'd watch this game as from the score it looked like a nice defensive battle. Afterwards I was like 'what a weird game...how did the Titans lose? They played better than Buffalo.' 

Two TD's called back for penalties (one was borderline), four missed FG's...Titans lost out on so many points they seemed to have earned. Oh well, that's how the ball bounces sometimes. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FinSting said:

I thought I'd watch this game as from the score it looked like a nice defensive battle. Afterwards I was like 'what a weird game...how did the Titans lose? They played better than Buffalo.' 

Two TD's called back for penalties (one was borderline), four missed FG's...Titans lost out on so many points they seemed to have earned. Oh well, that's how the ball bounces sometimes. 

Oh yeah, we choked this game away really hard. Buffalo didn’t play particularly well, we just refused to take advantage. We had the ball in Buffalo territory at least five times, to leave with seven points is almost funny.

14 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Yeah, that’s the one that I’m fine with the criticism on second viewing, he had time to at least throw it away. Not that it matters, but I saw that tweet from Glennon, I think it was just really poorly worded.

So three of the five sacks were actually directly attributed to individual linemen.

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, that’s the one that I’m fine with the criticism on second viewing, he had time to at least throw it away. Not that it matters, but I saw that tweet from Glennon, I think it was just really poorly worded.

So three of the five sacks were actually directly attributed to individual linemen.

Ohhh good call. I didn't read that properly.

I was going to say I didn't think I noticed 3 that were on him.