Week 5 GDT: Bills vs. Titans

KingTitan

2 hours ago, TitanSS said:

That's just not true at all. Conklin was a shell last year of what he is this year and Kelly isn't just miraculously going to be better at RT than he was LT. He was better at RT last year than we was LT this year because Lewan played on an island and we could help him like we did this year. 

Not facts bro I watched kelly Go 1 on 1 & held his own at RT last season, with far less help Conklin normally gets & the game that he really wowed me, the cowboys game. Demarcus Lawrence was killing Conklin all night long we go in with kelly Lawrence was never heard from again that night 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

Not facts bro I watched kelly Go 1 on 1 & held his own at RT last season, with far less help Conklin normally gets & the game that he really wowed me, the cowboys game. Demarcus Lawrence was killing Conklin all night long we go in with kelly Lawrence was never heard from again that night 

This is just straight up false, but if you all want to think the career backup is better than the player who has been our best OL thus far in the season(while the guy you want to replace him started all of those games) then by all means go ahead.

Kelly received far more help last year than Conklin has this year simply because Conklin wasn't getting the help this season a RT normally does because the LT (Kelly) was getting that help this season.

If you're talking about last year when Conklin looked like he never has in any other season then, yeah, Kelly probably did look better. He clearly wasn't ready to come back from his injury.

If Patrick Mahommes was on this team half the forum would be talking about benching him for a backup after the loss to the Colts. He'd be on the hot seat like Robinson and Vrabel apparently are and benched for a career backup like you all wanna do with Conklin 😂😂

This is obviously extreme exaggeration, but damn you all have some short leashes.

Edited by TitanSS

I'm on the Conklin to RG train only to try to get our best 5 out there. Kelly may not be better than Conklin... But hes better than Davis/Douglass... By far. 

But it's also not Madden. How would Conklin adjust mid-season without any prior experience? I think with some practice he may be better inside than in space... But is he ready for that right now? Probably not 

BUT... can he be any worse than the Davis/Douglass duo have been this year?! 

We probably won't see it so it's moot...but I'd like to see them try it out at practice a couple weeks. 

12 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

If Patrick Mahommes was on this team half the forum would be talking about benching him for a backup after the loss to the Colts. He'd be on the hot seat like Robinson and Vrabel apparently are and benched for a career backup like you all wanna do with Conklin 😂😂

This is obviously extreme exaggeration, but damn you all have some short leashes.

We don’t want Conklin benched can you read we want him at Guard & Kelly at tackle we want our 5 best OL on the field Conklin is no longer a tackle he can’t anchor he gets bull rushed & embarrassed quiet often 

6 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

We don’t want Conklin benched can you read we want him at Guard & Kelly at tackle we want our 5 best OL on the field Conklin is no longer a tackle he can’t anchor he gets bull rushed & embarrassed quiet often 

Conklin has been absolutely fine this season and outplayed Taylor Lewan on Sunday. The idea that he somehow is worse than Kelly at OT stems from him being injured last year and absolutely nothing he's done this season. The issues are both OG spots.

If he couldn't anchor the last thing you would want to do would be move him further inside against bigger, stronger defensive linemen. Moving him to OG solves as many problems as putting Tannehill in at QB. And I say that meaning Mariota is better than Tannehill.

22 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I'm on the Conklin to RG train only to try to get our best 5 out there. Kelly may not be better than Conklin... But hes better than Davis/Douglass... By far. 

But it's also not Madden. How would Conklin adjust mid-season without any prior experience? I think with some practice he may be better inside than in space... But is he ready for that right now? Probably not 

BUT... can he be any worse than the Davis/Douglass duo have been this year?! 

We probably won't see it so it's moot...but I'd like to see them try it out at practice a couple weeks. 

I think they're going to experience with Kelly at OG if our OGs continue to be this awful. He's not as athletic as Conklin and needs even more outside help so that makes more sense to me.

But the Madden point is so true. The expectation that Conklin would just seemlessly transition to OG and have success as if it's a downgrade from OT is very video-game-esque. If he hadn't been performing better so far this season I would be for it just so we could see if we wanted to resign him as an OG, but he's played well enough thus far that he's on track to be brought back as our RT.

4 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

🗣wait there’s more 

He gets to a completely unaware Mariota ~3 seconds after the snap. But let's be honest here, every single OT in the NFL has bad reps, numerous ones. That's anedoctal evidence and as small as a sample size as you can give to support your claim.

I bet I can find a far worse rep from Taylor Lewan 2 days ago if I browse Twitter. Oh my lord let's bench him.

Edited by TitanSS

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

I think they're going to experience with Kelly at OG if our OGs continue to be this awful. He's not as athletic as Conklin and needs even more outside help so that makes more sense to me.

But the Madden point is so true. The expectation that Conklin would just seemlessly transition to OG and have success as if it's a downgrade from OT is very video-game-esque. If he hadn't been performing better so far this season I would be for it just so we could see if we wanted to resign him as an OG, but he's played well enough thus far that he's on track to be brought back as our RT.

We don’t think transition will be smooth selling however we feel he can’t be no worse than Davis at Guard & the sooner the better. Conklin just like Zach Martin of the Cowboys played tackle in college & a lot of scouts felt his best position was guard in the NFL because of his short arms & lack of athleticism to play on the edge. Put Conklin at Guard now get his feet wet