Week 5 GDT: Bills vs. Titans

KingTitan

53 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

It’s not Twitter logic, it’s common sense that Davis just sucks *** right now. He’s not even close to being ready.

Heard an analyst on local radio. Maybe he was from PFF but some national thing. 

He said he thought Davis would go higher than he did but said also that he wasn't going to be ready year one. 

You have to fix him from the ground up. His stance, technique and all. 

It looks like be not ready. 

10 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

He said he thought Davis would go higher than he did but said also that he wasn't going to be ready year one. 

Hard to fix when you don’t have an OL coach to fix it.

I know cian isn't the end all or be all and he can be VERY much in Marcus corner 99% of the time. 

But those clips don't lie. 

It makes me question every offensive mind in that building. 

Even if it's just a small sample of actual plays the fact they thought the plays shown were good ideas or design is troubling. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I know cian isn't the end all or be all and he can be VERY much in Marcus corner 99% of the time. 

But those clips don't lie. 

It makes me question every offensive mind in that building. 

Even if it's just a small sample of actual plays the fact they thought the plays shown were good ideas or design is troubling. 

It’s rudimentary stuff, too 

Two WRs running the same route on top of each other. In what world?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

It’s rudimentary stuff, too 

Two WRs running the same route on top of each other. In what world?

It’s the stuff that people then pull screenshots or angles from and complain about Marcus missing receivers. Because there are angles where it looks like it’s just an open man, not understanding that the play design itself kills the play. It’s like that play a couple weeks ago where they were saying AJ was open on the deep cross. But instead of being designed to get him into space by having CD run vertical to clear the safety, we have a two-man route where the receivers run straight at each other.

There’s just a lot of fundamentally broken plays. Fake end-around to Marcus in the red zone. Third-string tight ends matched up one on one as a blocker with pass rushers. Using Humphries in ways that are completely against his skill set. 

And then there’s the line.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It's asking your backup TE to block a more athletic first round pick. 

Last year they had Jonu one on one with Watt. 

Just stupid things. 

Good teams don't put their players in situations where they are highly likely to fail. 

The entire system is broken. Completely broken. Much bigger conversation than how individual players are performing 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

I mean it's absolutely silly to think that a third round rookie that missed all of the preseason and the first quarter of the season was going to come in and help an o-line that's performing like one of the worst units in the league. And it was clear after the Jacksonville game that Vrabel thought that. I'm becoming more and more out on Vrabel as the weeks churn along.

• Like 1

the thing i understand the least about this was what the hell matt lafleur was doing. if anyone over the past decade would've been the one to change things up on offense, it would've been him. no ties to the titans, mularkey, not even vrabel. straight off the shanahan/mcvay tree producing some of the most effective modern offenses in the nfl. yet nothing changed. what the hell happened there? that's the thing that makes me vaguely suspect that at least some of our offensive brokenness is based on what marcus is and isn't capable of. but who knows.