Schefter on Roquan Smith

WindyCity

The car isn't his, or he wasn't at the scene? I read it as the latter.

I don't even know what "behaving erratically" could mean. I feel like they would have listed him as questionable earlier in the week if this was the case. I'm betting the car was his but he wasn't drunk, just simply shaken up.

Edited by beardown3231

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The car accident is not involving Roquan.

I hope he is okay. I am not going to guess what would cause him to be out of source, but life happens and I hope he is okay.

We never give these players a human lens. He could have just had an abnormally bad week and needed a mental health week. If it doesn't happen again we should be OK.

Just now, Heinz D. said:

Does he have a history of those sort of issues? I don't remember hearing of anything like that, but then again I didn't follow him very closely in college.

It's funny because I actually said to a buddy during the Skins game that Roquan seemed to be very quiet this year. No press conferences, no side things at his locker and last year he would be pumped after every tackle and it wasn't happening this year. Who knows what it is? I hope he hasn't lost his love for football but I'd gladly hear that that's it over a mental health thing

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

It's funny because I actually said to a buddy during the Skins game that Roquan seemed to be very quiet this year. No press conferences, no side things at his locker and last year he would be pumped after every tackle and it wasn't happening this year. Who knows what it is? I hope he hasn't lost his love for football but I'd gladly hear that that's it over a mental health thing

Whatever it is, if Smith is going to play again any time soon, Pace and Nagy (and maybe Smith himself) need to get a grip on the situation, and set out a more palatable narrative. Having stuff like "behaving erratically" floating around in the media doesn't give a very look to anybody involved...

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We have a thing for players with mental health issues. We'll give you 4 1st's.

I figured either trade him to Oakland or Cincinnati so I'm glad to see we're on the same page

7 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Whatever it is, if Smith is going to play again any time soon, Pace and Nagy (and maybe Smith himself) need to get a grip on the situation, and set out a more palatable narrative. Having stuff like "behaving erratically" floating around in the media doesn't give a very look to anybody involved...

Yeah, he had a chance to shoot down any rumor and didn't. Someone asked him if he's worried about rumors and he said no.

16 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Does he have a history of those sort of issues? I don't remember hearing of anything like that, but then again I didn't follow him very closely in college.

Not that I know of I'm just going off the report that he was behaving erratically the past few days leading up to the game.  Kind of reminds me of the Everson Griffen situation last year with the Vikings. I just hope it's nothing serious.