Kirk Cousins FACTS

Nbanflguy

-He's 23rd in NFL Quarterback rating. Some guy named Case Keenum is 19. (Not saying Cousins is Case Keenum, but, saying he's got similar #'s). It's lower than Jameis Winston. Guys like Kyle Allen and Gardner Minshew aren't even close. They are way ahead of him

- He has 1 career 4th quarter comeback win for the Vikings. 0 game winning drives

-He's playing for a play caller who has realized he is garbage and best skill set is handing the ball off

-He's also leading the league in fumbles, despite having a OC that rarely throws at all.

-He is 5-27 all time against teams with a winning record and has never won a playoff game

Definitely sounds like a guy you want to pay $30 million per year 

• Like 1

The Vikes are better off cutting the guy at year end and taking the $30M cap hit if it opens the door to drafting a new QB early. It would suck from a cap management standpoint but I don’t know what else can be done, unless Cousins agrees to be traded.

I can’t see Zimmer and the locker room dealing with Cousins short comings much longer if he continues to fail to show up in important games. .500 should be unacceptable for a team as talented as the Vikings. 

Cousins is proving to be another failed QB selection by Spielman.

He needs to get back with McVay. His confidence is shot and now it's a complete pile-on. 

While reading Bill Walsh's book, "The Score Takes Care of Itself", a line about belief hit home with Cousins.

"Bill says in the book that four of the most powerful words you can say as a coach to a player is, 'I believe in you,'" Cousins said. "And Sean said that to me over and over and over again even when there weren't many other people who did, so that certainly means a lot, especially when you look back and see where we came from there."

Edited by Howler

19 minutes ago, bzane said:

Poor Kirk! Guy sounds hysterical yelling "HUT!" 

It was weird hearing him use his real voice at the very end there.

I understand he wants to be more manly, but I think he needs to just express himself and let out his natural 6 year old girl voice!

"Who wants girl scout cookies?!?"

• Like 1