Kirk Cousins FACTS

Nbanflguy

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

They were 3-2 when they played

It is a winning record. Seeing how their getting blowout against Dallas tonight the Eagles could be that early bird who isn't as good as they record may say. I still can't knock Cousins performance though.

I just want to see if Cousins can live up to that 84 million late in the year when It matters like we know a Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson, would. 

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

Viking fans were guilty of thinking things would be the same. We made it to the nfc championship game with Keenum. Think how far we'll go with a better QB!

Not saying that no way they would have made the playoffs with Keenum but I think it's unlikely

It's his 2nd year in the system with alot of great pieces around him. He has to know this is his time to shine. Anything less than a Playoff appearance should be a failure in their minds. 

8 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

It is a winning record. Seeing how their getting blowout against Dallas tonight the Eagles could be that early bird who isn't as good as they record may say. I still can't knock Cousins performance though.

I just want to see if Cousins can live up to that 84 million late in the year when It matters like we know a Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson, would. 

Yep, with Eagles losing tonight.

None of the current teams the Vikings have beat, have a winning record.

The Lions & Raiders currently have a 3-3 record. Lions with a tie as well.

7 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

It's his 2nd year in the system with alot of great pieces around him. He has to know this is his time to shine. Anything less than a Playoff appearance should be a failure in their minds. 

The system is actually quite a bit different I'm pretty sure. Same players though

Just now, aceinthehouse said:

Yep, with Eagles losing tonight.

None of the current teams the Vikings have beat, have a winning record.

The Lions & Raiders currently have a 3-3 record. Lions with a tie as well.

So does that record get calculated at the end of the year then?

23 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Would you not call it a overpaid signing if they don't make the playoffs? 

It depends. If he starts playing like he did early in the year I'll be hoping they draft a qb to sit for a year. 

And for the record I always thought he was overpaid but that's what the market dictated and they didn't have a lot of options. I also think Keenum was overpaid

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

Or they could take the record at the time they play.

But why should the record at the time they play matter, in comparison to the kind of team they prove to be over the course of 16 games? If on the second game of the season, my team beats a team that is 0-1, but goes on to finish the season 14-2, does it make sense to be like "That was a pathetic win, that team hadn't even won a single game!"

3 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Did the eagles game not count as a winning team?

It does in the awful W/L record stat against winning teams you always see.

Kirk's playing great football. I think the idea that he has to win primetime against a good team to validate the contract is a bit silly. He's been validating it all along by being as good as Keenum was, quite frankly, and that's all there is to it. The Vikings were in peculiar situation, posting a 13-3 record with a journey man QB pretty clearly on a hot streak. Not wanting to waste that core searching for a QBOTF, they pulled all the stops to get an at least average NFL starting QB, since they saw in 2017 that they just needed competence at QB to win games with their defense and talent on offense.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Cousins is the highest rated passer in the nfl now.

With 337 passing yards and a 141.4 passer rating today, Vikings QB Kirk Cousins became the first quarterback in NFL history to have at least 300 passing yards and a passer rating of 130-or-higher in three consecutive games.

Kirk Cousins’ last three games: 76% completion, 976 yards, 10 TDs, 1 INT, 142.64 passer rating. 

• Like 1