SEAN PAYTON FACTS

El Ramster

TOP 3 NFL COACH RIGHT NOW. 

Without his HOF QB! He gave the undefeated Seattle Seahawks a beat down at their own back yard. Came back home vs AMERICAS TEAM and laid down the smack down brother. 

Brother they are this years Eagles from 2017. 

Discuss.. best 2 game stretch since Dougy P I’ve seen... Great coach and deserves much more credit than ever. 

Saints opponents have combined for 5 losses all season. (11-5)

3 of those losses were to the Saints, the other two losses were at the hands of Saints rivals (Panthers beat Texans, Bucs beat Rams)

NFC South is feisty as heck

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

I was on the fence about him for years, but I feel like he's proven to be a top-end NFL coach. Would love to have him in Green Bay. It's still BB and then a huge gap before every other coach, but I think Payton is one of the first names you've gotta mention at that point.

30 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

TOP 3 NFL COACH RIGHT NOW. 

Without his HOF QB! He gave the undefeated Seattle Seahawks a beat down at their own back yard. Came back home vs AMERICAS TEAM and laid down the smack down brother. 

Brother they are this years Eagles from 2017. 

Discuss.. best 2 game stretch since Dougy P I’ve seen... Great coach and deserves much more credit than ever. 

Overall I love him as a coach of the Saints, but man he still tends to get a little too cute at times, and backfires in our faces. Couple examples from last night, there was 4 seconds left in the 2nd Quarter and if I'm not mistaken Michael Thomas wasn't on the field for it. We ended up throwing a fade to our TE, and it wasn't even close to being successful. Then late in the 4th quarter on that crucial 3rd down where Bridgewater was sacked for like negative 15 yards, a play that almost cost the Saints the game, Payton didn't have Kamara on the field for that play. Both of these plays in crucial moments left a lot to be desired in how they were called, and it seems he is good for a couple of these moments every game. At the end of the day I'm very glad he's the head coach, but can get frustrating at times.

Edited by tyler735

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Overall I love him as a coach of the Saints, but man he still tends to get a little too cute at times, and backfires in our faces. Couple examples from last night, there was 4 seconds left in the 2nd Quarter and if I'm not mistaken Michael Thomas wasn't on the field for it. We ended up throwing a fade to our TE, and it wasn't even close to being successful. Then late in the 4th quarter on that crucial 3rd down where Bridgewater was sacked for like negative 15 yards, a play that almost cost the Saints the game, Payton didn't have Kamara on the field for that play. Both of these plays in crucial moments left a lot to be desired in how they were called, and it seems he is good for a couple of these moments every game. At the end of the day I'm very glad he's the head coach, but can get frustrating at times.

The end of half one was super weird, and I do not believe Payton calls that with Brees in the game. A low percentage fade to Cooks there where Teddy is probably being told to throw it as quickly as he can and borderline uncatchably too just to save the time for the field goal. It was a weird waste of two seconds that's probably only going to work if the Cowboys a) just forget to cover him or b) cover him with A 5'6" Brent Grimes or something - but I'm sure Payton knew that. With Brees in the lineup I absolutely believe Payton calls something where he's not expecting a field goal attempt afterwards in the event of an incompletion

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Great coach. They'll get to the NFCCG again where they'll go into victory formation, fumble the snap, then lose the game Miracle at the Meadowlands style. 

"The misfortunes in New Orleans" ... (that's the best I got)

Sounds like a 30/30 in the making :(

Or maybe this is what happens when you sell your soul for a Super Bowl victory?