Bears "at" Raiders - The London / Mack Revenge Game

RaidersAreOne

Who takes the W back to 'Merica?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes the W back to 'Merica?

22 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I tuned in late but it looks well coached by Gruden to me. Have a skeleton crew at WR? Lean on the OL and RB you heavily invested in. Lean on the TEs you intentionally sought out. Unless you have Rodgers, Brady, or Mahomes, I don't think you try to attack this team in the air with depleted WRs. The last drive was great play calling and execution aside from the slant (could have been placed better but should have been caught)

I agree with everything you said about the WRs, OL, RBs, etc. 

That being said, we play fantastic football in the first half of every game but play like dirt all around in the 2nd. How many times have we haf a solid lead only to have to make a last minute stop or comeback? Up 17-0 at half, we shouldn't be making game winning TDs with less than 2 minutes to go. 

It's easy to pile on certain players/units, and I won't say that anyone on the team is infallible. But we've got to question what the heck the coaches are doing at halftime and in the 2nd half. We consistently let people back in games and our play on the field is night and day 1 half to the next, like we get complacent at halftime and presume that ourn opponent won't make adjustments.

It's disturbing because it's almost routine. Up and down the lineup, we play lights out in the beginning- the O-line, D-line, Carr, the DB's, etc. If you only watched the 1st half of pur games every week, you'd almost think we were chuck full of top tier talent. Then in the 2nd, it's almost a totally different team.

Is it the players? Is it the coaching? I'm not sure. It's part of why I don't jump on the Carr hate. He looks pretty consistently good in the first half but not the 2nd. But it's almost across the board with this team. Some is definitely the players themselves, but some has to be the coaching for it to be almost as reliable as clockwork for us to play uninspiring football for the majority of the 2nd half of every single game.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, G said:

I turned off FF after I liked this comment. Good Bad UGLY....As fans, there was a lot of ugly here. Now I'm going to read the depressing comments now that the game is over. I'm sure it'll be interesting. LOL

So I'll eat some crow now...This TEAM showed heart, desire and didn't give up. Some of the fans here showed NONE OF THIS and I'll start by calling myself out first.

I can't stand Gruden's leadership and most of the choices he makes. I was happy when he was brought back but didn't like his contract. Cable is a horrible Oline coach overall but THIS GAME these guys were on point.Olsen seems like a Gruden yes man but he's part of my 'problem' and he did his job today. So I'll eat a little crow now because AS A TEAM these guys showed they can play better and DESERVE me to BELIEVE in them. 

I believe 'Thoughts are Things' from some of the things I've studied and I'm going to call out a couple posters here to reread their comments and just give the players on this team a chance. They ARE RAIDERS were just fans and we get upset and emotional and I completely understand this but dante9876,  SBXISBXVSBXVIII and maybe agarcia34. Join me in looking at ourselves and realizing WTF are we doing here?!? Have we gotten so negative from the decades of crapola that we go there too fast?!? In my mind, I've been the most negative Raider fan since the Khalil Mack trade. So I'm looking in the mirror and for the other fans sake I think some of us need to really look at what we're bringing to the table here. Not saying we shouldn't be here but maybe, jut maybe, we need to let the other posters not have to deal with so much negativity. So feel free to call me out especially from here on out. Complain on bad calls etc but to give up hope and feed off our own negativity is truly the Darkside and though I'd view myself as an antihero, I do know that were all here for the love of the Raiders and want to win and....I've said enough.

Edited by G
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I agree with everything you said about the WRs, OL, RBs, etc. 

That being said, we play fantastic football in the first half of every game but play like dirt all around in the 2nd. How many times have we haf a solid lead only to have to make a last minute stop or comeback? Up 17-0 at half, we shouldn't be making game winning TDs with less than 2 minutes to go. 

It's easy to pile on certain players/units, and I won't say that anyone on the team is infallible. But we've got to question what the heck the coaches are doing at halftime and in the 2nd half. We consistently let people back in games and our play on the field is night and day 1 half to the next, like we get complacent at halftime and presume that ourn opponent won't make adjustments.

It's disturbing because it's almost routine. Up and down the lineup, we play lights out in the beginning- the O-line, D-line, Carr, the DB's, etc. If you only watched the 1st half of pur games every week, you'd almost think we were chuck full of top tier talent. Then in the 2nd, it's almost a totally different team.

Is it the players? Is it the coaching? I'm not sure. It's part of why I don't jump on the Carr hate. He looks pretty consistently good in the first half but not the 2nd. But it's almost across the board with this team. Some is definitely the players themselves, but some has to be the coaching for it to be almost as reliable as clockwork for us to play uninspiring football for the majority of the 2nd half of every single game.

We need better coaching and better execution from most players. It feels like we have ok to good gameplans until the other teams adjust. Then we struggle to adjust in response. Maybe we gained some traction there this week, idk. I didn't watch the first 3 quarters bc I'm in the process of moving. That all being said, good team win today. And I didn't expect us to beat KC or MIN. Granted, it sucked losing how we did, but we're not doing terrible thus far. I'm hoping the team keeps building.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

We need better coaching and better execution from most players. It feels like we have ok to good gameplans until the other teams adjust. Then we struggle to adjust in response. Maybe we gained some traction there this week, idk. I didn't watch the first 3 quarters bc I'm in the process of moving. That all being said, good team win today. And I didn't expect us to beat KC or MIN. Granted, it sucked losing how we did, but we're not doing terrible thus far. I'm hoping the team keeps building.

What pleases me is that by and large, even in losses, we've been mostly competitive and within distance of winning. 

If that trend continues, the playoffs aren't out of reach imo. To be fair, I think many people discount the personnell turnover we've experienced in addition to Gruden's scheme being notoriously difficult. We've gone from playing great 1 quarter to 2 and it's bleeding over into the 3rd now. So, I think your hopes of continuing to improve will probably come to fruition pretty soon. Just gotta keep grinding and keep the motivation high. 

Firstly Josh Jacobs is a force of nature and possibly the second best draft pick of recent times (behind Khalil).

Secondly, and this is no disrespect to Khalil Mack who is a unique talent, but lol at the media outlets being all smart about Khalil having more sacks than the entire Raiders team  (cough, cough 4-0).

Lastly, this defense is starting to show up at all levels -  4 sacks, 6 TFLs and 2 interceptions...and that is for a game not a season WHILE missing our starting MLB.

With all of that having been said, we still seem to find ways to make comfortable situations (I don't know like being 17-0 up at half time) into uncomfortable situations (being 21-17 down by the end of the third quarter). I am happy to put this down to our young team / lack of experience but they need to stop the Carr / Jacobs fumbles, dropping the ball on their 1 yard line etc. Good teams will regularly eat us up if those continue.

However, 3-2, can't complain, and Jackson to return after the bye (with any luck).

12 minutes ago, G said:

So I'll eat some crow now...This TEAM showed heart, desire and didn't give up. Some of the fans here showed NONE OF THIS and I'll start by calling myself out first.

I can't stand Gruden's leadership and most of the choices he makes. I was happy when he was brought back but didn't like his contract. Cable is a horrible Oline coach overall but THIS GAME these guys were on point.Olsen seems like a Gruden yes man but he's part of my 'problem' and he did his job today. So I'll eat a little crow now because AS A TEAM these guys showed they can play better and DESERVE me to BELIEVE in them. 

I believe 'Thoughts are Things' from some of the things I've studied and I'm going to call out a couple posters here to reread their comments and just give the players on this team a chance. They ARE RAIDERS were just fans and we get upset and emotional and I completely understand this but dante9876,  SBXISBXVSBXVIII and maybe agarcia34. Join me in looking at ourselves and realizing WTF are we doing here?!? Have we gotten so negative from the decades of crapola that we go there too fast?!? In my mind, I've been the most negative Raider fan since the Khalil Mack trade. So I'm looking in the mirror and for the other fans sake I think some of us need to really look at what we're bringing to the table here. Not saying we shouldn't be here but maybe, jut maybe, we need to let the other posters not have to deal with so much negativity. So feel free to call me out especially from here on out. Complain on bad calls etc but to give up hope and feed off our own negativity is truly the Darkside and though I'd view myself as an antihero, I do know that were all here for the love of the Raiders and want to win and....I've said enough.

This wrestler breaks it down really well.. "toxic fandom" is a real thing and forums like these breed it. It's not intentional but the posters here are a true minority in how familiar they are with the organization.. and as this guy says, familiarity breeds contempt. Check it out.

• Like 1

BIG WIN. Jacobs is a beast. Oline was awesome today. Carr made plays when he needed to, although still nothing downfield. Defense was  ferocious. We got after the QB  and created turnovers.

This win required mental toughness. We haven't shown the ability to overcome adversity in a while. Now we get a bye before Green Bay. If we can get to 4-2 we have a legit shot at getting a wildcard spot. We have some easier games at home in the middle of the season. 

20 minutes ago, raiders4life said:

This wrestler breaks it down really well.. "toxic fandom" is a real thing and forums like these breed it. It's not intentional but the posters here are a true minority in how familiar they are with the organization.. and as this guy says, familiarity breeds contempt. Check it out.

Thanks for sharing. That helped me to understand a lot about our current culture and how it's the way it is with the growth of social media and smart phones. 

Really enjoyed reading this whole thread back there. The rollercoaster of emotions we have in this fanbase is something else.

Delighted with the win, and I feel it was a deserved one, even if it came with the standard shaky moments (ie. the whole 3rd quarter).

We played some really solid football even with all the injuries right now, and it looks like the team is playing with real heart, which is something that has been sorely missing from most Raiders teams for the past 15 years.

Josh Jacobs is great. Kinda reminds me of Tomlinson. Smaller RB but the vision, strength and general all-round talent are clear to see. He’s gonna be huge for this franchise.