Bears "at" Raiders - The London / Mack Revenge Game

RaidersAreOne

Who takes the W back to 'Merica?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes the W back to 'Merica?

On 10/3/2019 at 5:31 AM, Bitty 2.0 said:

I have a good feeling about the Chicago game, Jay Gruden just played them and you know he’s going to help out his brother to beat Chicago.

Not trying to troll here but I LOL'd.  Jay Gruden sucked pretty bad when they played Bears in week 3 so not sure how much help he could give his bro in game planning for this one.

Anyhow I think this game will be closer than people think just due to factors that play into this game such as time change, foreign stadium, turf, etc. etc.  Not exactly confident in Chase Daniel leading us to a win but he's shown to be a decent game manager in the past. 

Raiders looked good last week against Indy but now it looks like they are in risk of not having some key players suit up for this one. Similar situation with Bears.

Edited by topwop1

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Not trying to troll here but I LOL'd.  Jay Gruden sucked pretty bad when they played Bears in week 3 so not sure how much help he could give his bro in game planning for this one.

Anyhow I think this game will be closer than people think just due to factors that play into this game such as time change, foreign stadium, turf, etc. etc.  Not exactly confident in Chase Daniel leading us to a win but he's shown to be a decent game manager in the past. 

Raiders looked good last week against Indy but now it looks like they are in risk of not having some key players suit up for this one. Similar situation with Bears.

Honestly if da Bears take away Waller and can contain Jacobs. Raiders are going to need turnovers and or special teams score. 

11 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Honestly if da Bears take away Waller and can contain Jacobs. Raiders are going to need turnovers and or special teams score. 

I think we are going to need that regardless.  We need to win the turnover battle.  We do not have a chance to win but the Bears have a chance to lose.  Nagy increased that chance by bringing them over late.

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I think we are going to need that regardless.  We need to win the turnover battle.  We do not have a chance to win but the Bears have a chance to lose.  Nagy increased that chance by bringing them over late.

You make it sound like the Raiders are the Dolphins or the Bengals. 

The Raiders are a team that is ALMOST there. 

21 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Teams that are there have a bad enough time against the Bears. It hard to believe that this ragtag group can beat the Bears Defense. Honestly I’m more worried about Chase Daniel beating the raiders defense. I’d be more comfortable going again trubiski. Daniel has gotten paid a lot for a backup for a reason. 

Incognito not playing would be very big and very bad for you.  That may be deciding factor in the game.  

Overall, I think if you stayed conservative on O and D you could wear down the Bears and win in the 4th or make Bears impatient and turn the ball over.

I think if Long plays you can attack him because he is terrible, if he doesn't play it will be Coward and he doesn't know the position so you can confuse him.  Either way you can exploit the Bears RG.

Daniel can't throw hard or deep because he has a noodle arm, keep your safeties up.  He is very short so get your hands up.  You can take away Burton with a safety.  Everyone else has done that.  I would think a LB could do it as well, but everyone has used a safety and its been a good strategy for shutting us down.

Just play zone and 7 to 8 man boxes and Bears will struggle offensively.  They have no deep speed especially without Gabriel.  They have a bunch of good receivers, but no burners.  

If you play man like Washington did you will have a long day.  Nagy destroys man and all our receivers can win 50/50 balls.  Play zone and make the windows tight and you will get Ints off pressure.   

You need to play conservative on offense like GB did and just refuse to turn the ball over and not get frustrated by punting a lot.  

18 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I do not see our offense being able to score more than 17 points and that is best case scenario.  The Vikings who just put up 34 on us were held to 6 points.  Our D is not horrible and their offense is not good but we tend to find ways to give up points.  This Bears D is going to keep their team in every game.  So where we need to win is creating TOs that allows some easy points for our O or our D to put up some points.  Chicago might score enough with their D and special teams alone to beat us if this was not an overseas game or Nagy did not decide to take the team so late.  We do not have the firepower to beat this team so we need them to make mistakes.

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Incognito not playing would be very big and very bad for you.  That may be deciding factor in the game.  

Overall, I think if you stayed conservative on O and D you could wear down the Bears and win in the 4th or make Bears impatient and turn the ball over.

I think if Long plays you can attack him because he is terrible, if he doesn't play it will be Coward and he doesn't know the position so you can confuse him.  Either way you can exploit the Bears RG.

Daniel can't throw hard or deep because he has a noodle arm, keep your safeties up.  He is very short so get your hands up.  You can take away Burton with a safety.  Everyone else has done that.  I would think a LB could do it as well, but everyone has used a safety and its been a good strategy for shutting us down.

Just play zone and 7 to 8 man boxes and Bears will struggle offensively.  They have no deep speed especially without Gabriel.  They have a bunch of good receivers, but no burners.  

If you play man like Washington did you will have a long day.  Nagy destroys man and all our receivers can win 50/50 balls.  Play zone and make the windows tight and you will get Ints off pressure.   

You need to play conservative on offense like GB did and just refuse to turn the ball over and not get frustrated by punting a lot.  

So in other words play conservative, capitalize on their mistakes, and do not make any of our own.  You do know who we are right?  Even if we play an almost perfect game the refs or New York will figure a way out to give Mack his revenge game.

Just now, drfrey13 said:

So in other words play conservative, capitalize on their mistakes, and do not make any of our own.  You do know who we are right?  Even if we play an almost perfect game the refs or New York will figure a way out to give Mack his revenge game.

Regardless that has to be the plan.  If you let defense feast and score you will lose.  They are like the Hulk, the more things go right for them (turnovers/sacks/big plays) the better they play (madder he gets stronger he gets - not an exact analogy).  

Make the offense score to win the game and force them to throw downfield to do it.

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Regardless that has to be the plan.  If you let defense feast and score you will lose.  They are like the Hulk, the more things go right for them (turnovers/sacks/big plays) the better they play (madder he gets stronger he gets - not an exact analogy).  

Make the offense score to win the game and force them to throw downfield to do it.

I agree with you but I still think that no matter ho well we play we still need them to make mistakes.  Chi and NE are both +6 in TOs.  If Chi is not +4 on the season after our game or lower I give us less than a 1% chance of winning.

Edited by drfrey13

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Mack has been held like crazy every game.  Refs threw a flag on Jackson for a pushing a player after player had head butted him.  It was 4th and 16 at time and MN would have been punting from their end zone.  MN was just about to quit and that gave them new life.

Bears have had a lot of bad calls go against them this year.  Too many to catalog.  They had some in their favor, but I would say a lot more have gone against them.  I know that sounds homerish, but I really think that.   

I think officiating has been abysmal across the board.  I can't say they are targeting certain teams, but a number of games have been decided by officiating this year.  

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Jay is not a bad coach his team just sucks.

With that said nothing will surprise me in this game the Raiders could lose by 30 or win by 30,  traveling to London is very hard on both teams.

2 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Jay is not a bad coach his team just sucks.

With that said nothing will surprise me in this game the Raiders could lose by 30 or win by 30,  traveling to London is very hard on both teams.

He had a crappy game plan vs the Bears.  

Bears are an overrated team. Should be 2-2 but got a gift from the officials against Denver in a key moment to beat the now 0-4 Broncos. Daniels might be an upgrade at QB for them as far as managing the game plan and not make dumb mistakes. 

That said, they are better than the Raiders and I don't trust Carr mentally coming into this one knowing he's going to be pressured a lot. He really needs to show me something. And show he can bounce back if they get down.

Game plan wise, I'm fully expecting a lot of dink and dunk, quick throws to get the ball out of Carrs hands. The usual bland blend of football that we've become accustom to.

And let's not forget.... the Raiders have SUUUUUCKED in London. 0-2 and smacked around