Bears "at" Raiders - The London / Mack Revenge Game

RaidersAreOne

Who takes the W back to 'Merica?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes the W back to 'Merica?

32 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Mack has been held like crazy every game.  Refs threw a flag on Jackson for a pushing a player after player had head butted him.  It was 4th and 16 at time and MN would have been punting from their end zone.  MN was just about to quit and that gave them new life.

Bears have had a lot of bad calls go against them this year.  Too many to catalog.  They had some in their favor, but I would say a lot more have gone against them.  I know that sounds homerish, but I really think that.   

I think officiating has been abysmal across the board.  I can't say they are targeting certain teams, but a number of games have been decided by officiating this year.  

Well this will be the perfect time for the refs to even out the calls for Chicago because they are playing the NFLs favorite step child. 

Mack has been held his entire career.  We use to talk about this after every game before he got traded.  He should get 15+ sacks every year but teams are allowed to hold him all the time.

Edited by drfrey13
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 12:38 PM, Darbsk said:

Agree with this, however, after watching the Viking - Bears game that defense is going to be very, very tough to play against - made Cook very ineffective but our OL should be better than the Vikings. Offensively, Daniel is probably just about as proficient as Trubisky so they won't lose a lot there but i can see Robinson and mismatches with Cohen being a problem. Burton is a pretty handy TE too.

It's impossible not to mention Mack but we simply have to limit the damage with him as he makes their whole D tick. We absolutely can't leave him 1 v 1 but I can see Trent Brown being asked a lot to take him on and running right at him to try and tire him out. Their D has been giving away a few penalties of late and they certainly are not frightening on O but I just think their D will be a step too far, especially if we go away from the run too quickly as is customary.

Trent Brown.  Bless his heart.  Isn't he 380 lbs an opposite Mack?  Don't we have an O lineman returning this week?  A guard.  Pull the left guard and run right at Mack.  A guard with momentum and a 380 pound RT on Mack.  He'll wish he never got out of bed Sunday morning.  Be optimistic.

11 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Mack has been held his entire career.  We use to talk about this after every game before he got traded.  He should get 15+ sacks every year but teams are allowed to hold him all the time.

I was going to mention this. I even went into the Bears form and mentioned that Mack will get held and no flags often. 

2 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Also really looking forward to seeing more of Mad Maxx Crosby.

He was a nice add, no?

I think we're adding at least 1 DE in the offseason. It may be 2 if Ferrell/Crosby/Key don't impress and Mayowa doesn't want to resign.

I have optimism that one of the youngins will come into their own as the year progresses. I was rewatching Ferrell and wasn't as down on him as some. We're creating 3rd and longs and he's been stopping the run effectively. Give him time and he'll become a Justin Tuck type of player.

Crosby's athletic upside is already visible. Give him another year in an NFL weight program and he'll be something, I hope. 

• Like 1

Foster Moreau will be the guy to watch. 30 yards last game. Looked reliable. Can he step up in 2 TE sets? IMO he needs 5-7 targets in the intermediate part of the field. 

Deep will be overrated for this game. Carr needs to take intermediate shots (~10-15 yards) down the field. Jacobs/Richard will also be key here. 

If we don't use Jacobs more creatively in the pass game this week, I'm going to throw a fit. This is the time to do so...

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Gonna see so many two TE sets tomorrow. Waller and Moreau gonna have to come up big. Just don't see how the Raiders score in this game. If Gruden has any tricks up his sleeve this is the game to use them. 

I'm excited. You have to beat the best to be the best. 

Denver did some good things against Chicago. I think Gruden will look back on that game to see what worked and how they can exploit it.

Of the 8 players reinstated from reserve/suspended list, 4 did not have exemptions lifted: CIN G Alex Redmond, CLV WR Antonio Callaway, NE TE Benjamin Watson, OAK CB Nevin Lawson. Activated: KC CB Morris Claiborne, NYG WR Golden Tate, TB CB Ryan Smith, TENN Taylor Lewan.

So Lawson isn't counting on the 53 and isn't allowed to play right now. The Raiders can lift the exemption whenever they want before week 6 but they'd have to open a roster spot for him. With the injuries at WR and G, they probably won't do anything until next week.