Broncos OLB Bradley Chubb tears ACL; out for year

RaidersAreOne

40 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Its 'lazy' but directly lines up with the success/failures of the Denver Broncos over the course of 20+ years. It matters, a lot. Which is also why I believe this underwhelming team with 0 energy every week from either side of the ball with zero creativity is directly on the shoulders of the coaching staff over it being a player/roster issue.

Coach Fangio out there getting blown off the ball every play, huh? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Coach Fangio out there getting blown off the ball every play, huh? 

No but how many times do you need to see the Jags RB run HB dives all over your defense before you make a adjustment to stack the box against the run knowing that is all they are doing. How many 12 yard Fournette runs do you need to see in succession before you sell out for the run and play press coverage on the outside.

57 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Its 'lazy' but directly lines up with the success/failures of the Denver Broncos over the course of 20+ years. It matters, a lot. Which is also why I believe this underwhelming team with 0 energy every week from either side of the ball with zero creativity is directly on the shoulders of the coaching staff over it being a player/roster issue.

I'm not even sure what the point you're trying to make is. The coach has to be a recycled hire for the Broncos to have success?

Energy is not the issue you don't get a 17-3 lead because of a lack of energy. The roster has little depth so the defense gets worn down. Elways drafting 2013-2017 is hurting the team right now.

The talent on offense isn't good enough other than Sanders,Sutton, Lindsay, Fant, Freeman.  Elway hasn't gotten the weapons to make this offense function above average. Sanders is coming off a torn Achilles and he's the number 1 right now he should be a 3rd option on a Championship roster Saints.

Leary was a poor signing and should be replaced as well coming off that Achilles. Bolles is Bolles lol, Juwan James is also injured. 

broncobruin addressed the front 7 already. 

Edited by thebestever6

Just now, thebestever6 said:

I'm not even sure what the point you're trying to make is. The coach has to be a recycled hire for the Broncos to have success?

Energy is not the issue you don't get a 17-3 lead because of a lack of energy. The roster has little depth so the defense gets worn down. Elways drafting 2013-2017 is hurting the team right now.

The talent on offense isn't good enough other than Sanders,Sutton, Lindsay, Fant, Freeman.  Elway hasn't gotten the weapons to make this offense function above average. Sanders is coming off a torn Achilles and he's the number 1 right now he should be a 3rd option on a Championship roster Saints.

Leary was a poor signing and should be replaced as well coming off that Achilles. 

Are the Broncos the only team in the NFL where their GM gets blames for everybody on the teams inept ability? The coaches suck--blame Elway. The gameplan sucks--blame Elway. The player development sucks--blame Elway. The defense blows the game--blame Elway. His last 2 drafts have been fantastic.

Listen, I completely understand that he is the architect, but at some point the people hired into these positions (who were qualified) need to be held accountable. I have never seen any other team in the NFLs GM get flamed as much for their teams success/failures as Elway. Fangio has blown thus far. Blown big time but was considered by the vast majority a really good hire. He doesnt have this team prepared to play each week and Scangarello (sp) has called the most safe/vanilla offense I have seen in a long time that completely lacks any sense of urgency. \

The offense has talent. Sutton/Sanders/Fant/Jano/Royce/Lindsay are ALL good weapons. More weapons with youth than any other team that is currently sitting 0-4. Unfortunately, the entire offense comes and goes with the QB play--which right now is far from spectacular so everybody else on the offense suffers. Sanders has been a beast this season and can only look as good as his bottom 3rd QB can get him the ball. Leary has also played well but cannot shake injuries.

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Are the Broncos the only team in the NFL where their GM gets blames for everybody on the teams inept ability? The coaches suck--blame Elway. The gameplan sucks--blame Elway. The player development sucks--blame Elway. The defense blows the game--blame Elway. His last 2 drafts have been fantastic.

Listen, I completely understand that he is the architect, but at some point the people hired into these positions (who were qualified) need to be held accountable. I have never seen any other team in the NFLs GM get flamed as much for their teams success/failures as Elway. Fangio has blown thus far. Blown big time but was considered by the vast majority a really good hire. He doesnt have this team prepared to play each week and Scangarello (sp) has called the most safe/vanilla offense I have seen in a long time that completely lacks any sense of urgency. \

The offense has talent. Sutton/Sanders/Fant/Jano/Royce/Lindsay are ALL good weapons. More weapons with youth than any other team that is currently sitting 0-4. Unfortunately, the entire offense comes and goes with the QB play--which right now is far from spectacular so everybody else on the offense suffers. Sanders has been a beast this season and can only look as good as his bottom 3rd QB can get him the ball. Leary has also played well but cannot shake injuries.

Dude, you literally said the team lacked energy after a 17-3 lead and now you're pimping andy janovich as a weapon just take the L.

I like Elways last 2 drafts but don't act like 2013-2017 just doesn't exist.

Edited by thebestever6

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

This is hilarious in how wrong it is. Elway basically got a pass for bad draft after bad draft and failures on many fronts in 2016 and 2017, and really didn't start to hear fans come down on him until last year when it was clear he was going to yet again desperately try to piece together a playoff team instead of doing the right thing and rebuilding. 

But yeah, instead we should focus our attention on the four games we've seen from Fangio and Scangarello coaching a crappy team consisting of mostly young and inexperienced players. We should make more excuses for John, who is only in his 9th year and managed to not produce a single high level starter in a five year run of drafts (2013-2017). We should also speculate about how the coaches have guys "ready to play" even though we know literally nothing that's happening in the locker room before games. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Dude, you literally said the team lacked energy after a 17-3 lead and now you're pimping andy janovich as a weapon just take the L.

You are not understanding what Im saying. The have lacked energy in these 4 games and they seem to play with no sense of urgency until they have to put a game winning drive together with 2 mins left in the game. The defense hasnt been aggressive, they havent played with energy or any sort of spark. It almost seems like they are just going through the motions hoping to get a stop on 3rd. They have had one 17-3 lead in 4 games--and blew it. 

I am pimping the Broncos weapons as a whole--who are much better than any other 0-whatever current team in the NFL. Sanders/Sutton/Fant/Lindsay/Freeman/Jano is enough talent on a offense to be able muster up more than 17 points of offense on a weekly basis. Thats horrible play calling and inept QB play which is my issue and the single reason this is another repeat of every other season since Peyton retired.

No creativity on offense and horrible QB play that cant get anybody the ball on a consistent basis. Story of the Denver Broncos

Edited by AkronsWitness

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

You are not understanding what Im saying. The have lacked energy in these 4 games and they seem to play with no sense of urgency until they have to put a game winning drive together with 2 mins left in the game. The defense hasnt been aggressive, they havent played with energy or any sort of spark. It almost seems like they are just going through the motions hoping to get a stop on 3rd. They have had one 17-3 lead in 4 games--and blew it. 

The 10 minute drive the Jaguars had to start the 3rd quarter was the back breaker nothing else.

Until you acknowledge that Elway sucked in the draft from 2013-2017 and the Vance Joseph hire was putrid you sound like a biased Elway Apologist. 

Vic is coaching the young talent up as are the rest of the coaches. Whether he's the coach to win something is a convo to be had when he gets the talent.

This is coming from a person who wants to keep elway around if he gets assets from selling, and Lock looks decent. 

Edited by thebestever6

11 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

Ask the bears / jaguars fans whether Denver should have won and they’ll tell you that their teams deserved to lose those games.  Raiders also looked like hot garbage for most of the game outside of the first quarter.  Broncos moved the ball extremely well starting near the end of the first half

I think Broncos fans should take this attitude with their own squad :)

Edited by PapaShogun

13 hours ago, berlin calling said:

Damn. I hoped Von Miller would be available via Trade since the Ravens generate absolutely zero pass rush but i guess he's their only option left.

It was really, really doubtful they were going to swallow the dead money cap-hit for anything short of a Godfather offer (we're talking a near-Mack caliber offer).

18 hours ago, Broncofan said:

TBH playing on the torn ACL didn’t likely make it worse.  Once it tore it was torn.  The fact it was a partial tear is why he could play.  And why it didn’t feel so bad as it did once the swelling took overnight.   It’s also why the clinical test is unreliable when not present - it’s 100 percent accurate when it says there is a tear there but not when it’s negative.  

It sucks but likely did no extra damage.  Could it have?  For sure.  I think RG3 did it (can’t prove it but sure followed the right sequence).   But a partial tear is where players often don’t realize it.   The risk of a complete tear is why it needs fixing.  And if that happened the Q’s likely would have come.    But the story isn’t that unusual.   I don’t blame the staff - the sideline tests can get it wrong it’s why I never say I believe good news on minor knee injuries when it’s non-contact unless they do a MRI.  Just sucks for Chubb and us.   

Not really about the results, more about the process. Chubb shouldn't be going in and out of the game if he is dealing with an injury regardless of severity. We suck. Preserve one of your franchise players in this situation IMO

I get that football is inherently different than basketball culturally, but the NFL is about 10 years behind the NBA in how they handle elite players 

15 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Can’t he just play on one leg? A half Chubb isn’t perfect, but sometimes it will get the job done.

Probably more effective than the Raiders pass rush... Wait a second, I think it went over my head... lol