Broncos OLB Bradley Chubb tears ACL; out for year

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

So what is your master plan to fix whats going on? What do you hate so much that you would fix outside of 'fire everybody and trade Harris/Von/Emmanual'

Overhaul the front office and scouting department, trade veterans with value and build through the draft. It's not a master plan, but it's the correct approach. 

If you actually think this team can be described as having "WAY too much talent", you're not living in reality. There are three great older players, a few solid vets who are always hurt so not usually contributing, a core of young guys who are promising but still developing, and the rest is a complete black hole where the 2013-2017 draft picks should have made their mark, and instead consists of mediocre-garbage talent and depth that's as bad as any Broncos team I've ever seen. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

Overhaul the front office and scouting department, trade veterans with value and build through the draft. It's not a master plan, but it's the correct approach. 

If you actually think this team can be described as having "WAY too much talent", you're not living in reality. There are three great older players, a few solid vets who are always hurt so not usually contributing, a core of young guys who are promising but still developing, and the rest is a complete black hole where the 2013-2017 draft picks should have made their mark, and instead consists of mediocre-garbage talent and depth that's as bad as any Broncos team I've ever seen. 

So you think its more on the players talent level than coaching then. 

6 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Absolutely. Fangio, Donatell and Munchak are all fantastic at what they do (jury's out as Fangio the HC but as a DC he's been the standard lately).

Interesting...interesting. Okay we shall see. All I know is the Broncos have had their best years since 2000 when they had a veteran HC with experience and have had their worst years when they have been coach searching hiring first time guys. Shannahan, Fox and Kubiak all good years and teams. McDaniels, Joseph and Fangio all bad years and teams......

coaching matters.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

He played through a torn ACL yesterday? what an absolute UNIT. I mean it sucks it will cost him the year, but man what drive. 

Competent organizations should not be letting their good young players play hurt even if it is just cramps tbh. Especially if they are soon to be 0-4 teams

• Like 1

TBH playing on the torn ACL didn’t likely make it worse.  Once it tore it was torn.  The fact it was a partial tear is why he could play.  And why it didn’t feel so bad as it did once the swelling took overnight.   It’s also why the clinical test is unreliable when not present - it’s 100 percent accurate when it says there is a tear there but not when it’s negative.  

It sucks but likely did no extra damage.  Could it have?  For sure.  I think RG3 did it (can’t prove it but sure followed the right sequence).   But a partial tear is where players often don’t realize it.   The risk of a complete tear is why it needs fixing.  And if that happened the Q’s likely would have come.    But the story isn’t that unusual.   I don’t blame the staff - the sideline tests can get it wrong it’s why I never say I believe good news on minor knee injuries when it’s non-contact unless they do a MRI.  Just sucks for Chubb and us.   

Edited by Broncofan

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Interesting...interesting. Okay we shall see. All I know is the Broncos have had their best years since 2000 when they had a veteran HC with experience and have had their worst years when they have been coach searching hiring first time guys. Shannahan, Fox and Kubiak all good years and teams. McDaniels, Joseph and Fangio all bad years and teams......

coaching matters.

This is such a lazy narrative and take of course coaching matters. You could literally say the same thing about the eagles and andy reid before doug pederson or the Rams prior to Mcvay because of the success of **** Vermeil. I'm  sure there are many others. 

Edited by thebestever6

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

This is such a lazy narrative and take of course coaching matters. You could literally say the same thing about the eagles and andy reid before doug pederson or the Rams prior to Mcvay because of the success of **** Vermeil. 

Its 'lazy' but directly lines up with the success/failures of the Denver Broncos over the course of 20+ years. It matters, a lot. Which is also why I believe this underwhelming team with 0 energy every week from either side of the ball with zero creativity is directly on the shoulders of the coaching staff over it being a player/roster issue.

Edited by AkronsWitness

4 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

I picked Chubb for DPOY this year.  He played on a torn ACL yesterday and still had a huge impact on the game

Theres no real reason to watch the Broncos now.  Yes, they’re in more of a rebuilding mode than their GM wants to admit, but this isn’t even a bad team at this point.  This is a team that should have started 3-1 and is probably better than the Raiders on both sides of the ball and is just having absolutely horrible luck

Yea, if you just take away all the bad plays they have had, they would be 4-0. Cause you know, bad plays doesn’t actually exist in football.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Just to update everyone, Lock is on IR so we can't even punt the season away

He’s eligible for IR return.  With a bye he’s back by week 10 with 7 games to play.  He will get 4-6 games to show if he’s worth passing on a top 5 Pick on QB or not.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2